PDA

View Full Version : Its official. This is my fave sim now....

Lionheart
April 14th, 2012, 10:57
Sorry FS2004. Someone has come along and offered a better sim, cool scenery bits, and it runs smooth like you do.

When I go for a flight, now I go for that Prepar3d icon instead of 'Old Faithful', the FS9 icon.

Thanks Lockheed!

Naismith
April 14th, 2012, 11:07
Sorry FS2004. Someone has come along and offered a better sim, cool scenery bits, and it runs smooth like you do.

When I go for a flight, now I go for that Prepar3d icon instead of 'Old Faithful', the FS9 icon.

Thanks Lockheed!
Congrats, but P3D still has its foibles and quirks yet to be ironed out. To name a couple, the ATC window, the loading up straight into a flight as opposed to a setting up window, reports of some instability for some users.
I like it, as I do FSx, but FS9 is like an old and trusty pair of slippers. :cool:

AussieMan
April 14th, 2012, 14:44
It is fast becoming my favourite as well. There are a couple of glitches but otherwis the platform is rock steady. I find that P3D is not as twitchy as FSX is. There are some animations that have gone west but at the moment I can live with that.

I also have the ORBX regions in place and all the ORBX airports as well. Freeware scenery also works great too.

Naismith
April 14th, 2012, 15:00
I wonder, has anyone tried dragging FSX missions into P3D? There are one or two Aerosoft ones I would like to re-enact. I am loather to experiment too much myself at this early stage (coward as I am).

VCN-1
April 14th, 2012, 15:42
Once I get all my ORBX scenery transferred to P3D I can't off hand think of any reason to use FSX again.

VCN-1

ZEUS67
April 14th, 2012, 16:19
Congrats, but P3D still has its foibles and quirks yet to be ironed out. To name a couple, the ATC window, the loading up straight into a flight as opposed to a setting up window, reports of some instability for some users.
I like it, as I do FSx, but FS9 is like an old and trusty pair of slippers. :cool:

Unfortunately LM will not provide a User Interface for P3D. But there are people developing UIs for P3D now.
You can use this freeware launcher: http://www.keithb77.host-ed.me/P3D/P3D.html
(http://www.keithb77.host-ed.me/P3D/P3D.html)
I found this one in the Prepar3D forum at AVSIM in the "Launch to menu?" thread.

My advise is to create your own default flight with your favorite aircraft and airport. Fortunately, the aircraft selection was upgraded in P3D, it is fast and takes no time for you to select your aircraft. It even has a Favorite section where you can place your favorite aircrafts for instant selection.

Naismith
April 14th, 2012, 18:20
Unfortunately LM will not provide a User Interface for P3D. But there are people developing UIs for P3D now.
I found this one in the Prepar3D forum at AVSIM in the "Launch to menu?" thread.

My advise is to create your own default flight with your favorite aircraft and airport. Fortunately, the aircraft selection was upgraded in P3D, it is fast and takes no time for you to select your aircraft. It even has a Favorite section where you can place your favorite aircrafts for instant selection.

Good post, thanks :jump:

Lionheart
April 14th, 2012, 19:26

Zeus,

I tried this and it was crashing. Do I need to save flights 'in' the launch program or does it use pre-saved flights done from within P3D?

ZEUS67
April 14th, 2012, 20:50
Zeus,

I tried this and it was crashing. Do I need to save flights 'in' the launch program or does it use pre-saved flights done from within P3D?

To be honest I don't use it. I have no problem with loading into a default flight. Besides at this time I'm busy coding a VSTOL module. I posted the link because some wanted a UI. Why don't you try the developer?

billythe
April 15th, 2012, 06:19
it could be my favourite too, unfortunately there are few problems...if i use settings as fsx i receive a "running out of memory" message then it crash, so only way to use seem having low graphic settings, also the water look really badi know xp do not use all the four gb but i haven't ram problem with fsx running max graphic settings and 60 fpsif i could resolve the running out of memory it could be really my favourite. Unfortunately i didn't find any solution on prepar3d forum

Lionheart
April 15th, 2012, 13:13
it could be my favourite too, unfortunately there are few problems...if i use settings as fsx i receive a "running out of memory" message then it crash, so only way to use seem having low graphic settings, also the water look really badi know xp do not use all the four gb but i haven't ram problem with fsx running max graphic settings and 60 fpsif i could resolve the running out of memory it could be really my favourite. Unfortunately i didn't find any solution on prepar3d forum

I get a message on memory now on both FSX and P3D since loading up FTX last night. It must be linked on my computer as this has never happened before.

Lionheart
April 15th, 2012, 13:14
To be honest I don't use it. I have no problem with loading into a default flight. Besides at this time I'm busy coding a VSTOL module. I posted the link because some wanted a UI. Why don't you try the developer?

Its working now. :) I confused the folder locations in the INI file. Works great.

billythe
April 15th, 2012, 15:36
out of memory problem have a solution...i let manage the virtual memory by the system, there is also a line to modify the boot.ini for xp or 32 bit system, called 3gbswitchnow i want to modify water that looks ugly as the fsx old default water..i will try fs water configurator..if works.. the terrain looks better with prepar3d...clouds ...who knows if rex or active sky work with prepar3d simconnect??

Lionheart
April 15th, 2012, 17:55
out of memory problem have a solution...i let manage the virtual memory by the system, there is also a line to modify the boot.ini for xp or 32 bit system, called 3gbswitchnow i want to modify water that looks ugly as the fsx old default water..i will try fs water configurator..if works.. the terrain looks better with prepar3d...clouds ...who knows if rex or active sky work with prepar3d simconnect??

I turned off the flowing people on mine and its back to normal. I was in FTX PNW with maximum people flow.