PDA

View Full Version : For you folks who have Netflix Instant Watch.....

Navy Chief
April 14th, 2012, 05:44
I am "discovering" several tv shows on Instant Watch that are really, REALLY great!!!

"Life".....stars Damian Lewis (from Band of Brothers)..as Charlie Crews, a detective released from prison after serving twelve years for a crime he did not commit. It is EXTREMELY entertaining!

"Burn Notice"........about a ex spy who has been targeted for termination. VERY cool show!!

"Crossing Jordan".......stars Jill Hennessy as a medical examiner who is, to say the least, quite feisty!!!

NC

av8erjm
April 14th, 2012, 08:06
Chief Don't know if you've been a fan already of Justified, but it and Burn Notice are my 2 best fav's. It just finished it's 3rd season and each season has gotten better and better. Premise is a US marshall that because of a ''justiied'' shooting in Miami is sent back to where he was raised in Harlan county KY. has a MLV warning, but being a retired chief I'm thinking that might not be a problem, at least not w/ the chiefs I've had the ''pleasure of conversing'' with

andersel
April 14th, 2012, 10:03
I was a BIG fan of "Life" during it's two seasons. A great show, it's too bad it was not "commercially viable" as it was (and still is, apparently) a good show with an excellent story line and is, IMHO, head and shoulders above the offal that is TV these days.

LA

Navy Chief
April 14th, 2012, 15:31
Chief Don't know if you've been a fan already of Justified, but it and Burn Notice are my 2 best fav's. It just finished it's 3rd season and each season has gotten better and better. Premise is a US marshall that because of a ''justiied'' shooting in Miami is sent back to where he was raised in Harlan county KY. has a MLV warning, but being a retired chief I'm thinking that might not be a problem, at least not w/ the chiefs I've had the ''pleasure of conversing'' with

Haven't heard of "Justified". Will look for it. As for MLV warnings? You are correct, that is not a f%$@ing problem....:)

NC

Eoraptor1
April 16th, 2012, 05:41
I watch Justified regularly. I really like it. I was a big fan of Timothy Olyphant from his Deadwood days. Now that show I truly loved. I never stopped liking Westerns. My only problem with Justified is the same one I have with most police dramas - too many people get shot. Every cop I've ever spoken to on the subject says a good bust is when nobody gets shot at. Some go their entire careers without ever drawing their weapons. I remember when Miami Vice was the biggest thing going. People who weren't around during the 80s have no idea how huge this show was culturally. There were Miami Vice themed weddings. The cops themselves, though, were a death squad. I took Season One out of the library the other day and was really struck by the body count. Very few of the show's villians went to trial; they usually got shot and killed at the end of the episode. Those who weren't shot and killed, usually got off on a technicality or escaped, to be shot and killed in a later episode. Good Morning America interviewed the real Miami Vice in a special, and they said the most realistic cop show on television at the time was Barney Miller.

I was also a big fan of Life. I was deeply invested in who did what to whom, and then they cancelled the show. I also have very masculine feelings for both Sarah Shahi and Gabrielle Union. If I remember correctly, Christina Hendricks from MadMen was on Life as well. (I think Don Draper has emphysema from all the cigarettes; he has a nagging cough.) I get Christina Hendrix and Bryce Dallas Howard mixed up all the time. Who'd have thought Opie would have such a hot daughter?

JAMES