PDA

View Full Version : Trailer for an upcoming FSX combat action film

airattackimages
April 13th, 2012, 21:51
Messing around this week making an FSX Movie. It's fun to play around with this stuff when I have free time to get away from day to day junk. Go easy on me, I just do it for the heck of it. :wavey:

Check it out, BUT I just have to say first, don't crank the volume until the music comes in. It's louder than the sound you'll hear initially. (and this is why I didn't embed the video, I want to make sure people get a chance to read that).

Make sure to watch it in 1080 and enjoy some flying action. When the full length film is done it'll have some goodies you don't see in here, as well as a clear story line. The trailer is just to give a preview.

http://youtu.be/kEH6ACpNsZM?hd=1

Aircraft in the film:

IRIS Mudhen Driver
IRIS A-10 Warthog
IRIS freeware FS9 Tomcat
VRS SuperbugX
Virtavia B-1 for FSX
Tim Conrad freeware RQ-1

Armor:

FSADDON AAV-7 Amtrac

Scenery is Megascenery Earth.

kilo delta
April 14th, 2012, 04:11
The video is top notch:applause:

..the music...not so much:kilroy::icon_lol:

Looking forward for the full movie. :)

stansdds
April 14th, 2012, 06:52
I've heard worse music for such videos. At least you didn't use the overused and abused music from the movie "Top Gun". :icon_lol:

Nice video, looking forward to the finished product. Iranian F-14's? That was long time ago. I wonder if Iran scrapped all of them or if they still have them sitting around somewhere?

airattackimages
April 14th, 2012, 07:00
Thanks KD, thanks Stan. :salute:

The Iranians still have several of their F-14s flying through cannibalization. (Also was the 'reasoning' behind how we scrapped and shredded most of our F-14s -- we were worried the parts and components were going to get to them). They've been working desperately to keep them airworthy, and were trying to get the Russians to help them to do the same with the AIM-54s. Also, there was a lot of debate in recent years if they even were able to keep them flying, and then the questions were disspelled when several of them took part in an IRIAF parade. One of them was pretty recently, I think it was 6 months ago.

In the movie we get to encounter the Tomcat again. The basis of the movie is to take down underground Iranian nuclear complexes in Northern Iran. :)

stovall
April 14th, 2012, 07:05
Very nice video airattackimages. I know the work that went into the production. No doubt that B1 took care of the underground installations. Good job.

timghetta
April 14th, 2012, 08:55
HOT VIDEO!!!

Daveroo
April 14th, 2012, 09:40
photo of an Iranian F14,taken in feb of 2012.....

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Iran---Air/Grumman-F-14A-Tomcat/2092309/L/&sid=d367c80194f862af4d63d3c25a5cedc0

CodyValkyrie
April 14th, 2012, 11:27
There is one major advantage to selling the enemy (essentially) our old planes. We mostly know their capabilities. ;) Nothing like going into a fight knowing what the enemy has.

Great little movie. I look forward to the full production.

stansdds
April 14th, 2012, 11:59
I learn something every day. So, the Iranians have managed to keep some of their F-14's airworthy. I wonder if the rumor of them refitting the F-14 with Russian radar systems is true?

timghetta
April 14th, 2012, 14:15
F-14 purchased back in the late '70s, actually the Shaw of Iran before he was outed, had the US demonstrate the F-15 and F-14 at Andrews AFB (i think jimmy carter was there) before they decided which to purchase. They choose the F-14, then when the regime change shortly after, the technicians training the Iranians, had to get out of the country and disabled the weapons systems and took important components but to keep them flying which is rare they use the parts off the ones they have, but they are show pieces and nothing else.

strykerpsg
April 14th, 2012, 15:02
F-14 purchased back in the late '70s, actually the Shaw of Iran before he was outed, had the US demonstrate the F-15 and F-14 at Andrews AFB (i think jimmy carter was there) before they decided which to purchase. They choose the F-14, then when the regime change shortly after, the technicians training the Iranians, had to get out of the country and disabled the weapons systems and took important components but to keep them flying which is rare they use the parts off the ones they have, but they are show pieces and nothing else.

Not to continue going off topic of a great video, but......the above statement is not entirely correct.

Showpieces with some decent fangs, ask the Iraqi's. They are still considered a viable threat in that part of the world and they've done some decent reverse engineering to keep them going this far. Anyway, there was a post somewhere regarding the number of air to air kills they've achieved. Ironically, the Iranians are the only ones to achieve a2a kills with the Phoenix weapon system, if the article was correct.

Victory103
April 15th, 2012, 02:58
Noticed the Area51 "Zulu" model AH-1 in there as well. I have to get that scenery. Great job on the Bone carpet bomb, very cool.

We could start a whole separate thread on the Iranian Tomcats, but how is the FS9 version in FSX?

airattackimages
April 15th, 2012, 06:17
Thanks everybody, glad you like it so far! Really appreciate all the comments! :jump:

Here's a quick cut scene from last night's "filming", in a non polished form (especially ie no music to annoy anyone). :icon_lol:

And as I always say, switch to 1080 to see it looking it's best.

http://youtu.be/yeRuIj-zSmk?hd=1

The FS9 Iris Tomcat, well that is definitely an FS9 bird. I'd be interested to try out the FSX version to see what it's like. The FS9 bird is definitely just going to be used in filming and nothing else. :) And yep, you're right on the Zulu. A couple of aircraft were in the trailer so abruptly I completely forgot to mention them. Doh.

Victory103
April 16th, 2012, 04:04
Huge Tomcat fan, have both models now for both sims, like the FSX version better for the model options and HUD. For the "D" using Dino's.

XLR8
April 16th, 2012, 12:25
Very cool !

airattackimages
April 16th, 2012, 15:19
Very cool !

Thanks!

Victory, I figured from the screen name you were a Jolly Rogers fan. :salute:

I do have Dino's and love it. Talk about great freeware. Yet it couldn't play an Iranian Tomcat because of the designator pod and GBUs.

strykerpsg
April 16th, 2012, 17:14
Thanks everybody, glad you like it so far! Really appreciate all the comments! :jump:

Here's a quick cut scene from last night's "filming", in a non polished form (especially ie no music to annoy anyone). :icon_lol:

And as I always say, switch to 1080 to see it looking it's best.

http://youtu.be/yeRuIj-zSmk?hd=1

The FS9 Iris Tomcat, well that is definitely an FS9 bird. I'd be interested to try out the FSX version to see what it's like. The FS9 bird is definitely just going to be used in filming and nothing else. :) And yep, you're right on the Zulu. A couple of aircraft were in the trailer so abruptly I completely forgot to mention them. Doh.

Iris has an FSX tomcat, that really wasn't bad at all. It should be freeware by now. Also, there's Dino's excellent Cat, both in FSX.

Victory103
April 17th, 2012, 02:21
Thanks!

Victory, I figured from the screen name you were a Jolly Rogers fan.

You guessed it, had them in my air wing as VF-103 and came this close to reenlisting in the backseat (we were on cruise, CO didn't want to chance it).

On the second vid, did you add fx to the gun smoke? The A-10 is one of my primary birds in FSX and I've never noticed that much smoke on low angle strafes.

If you have them, might be cool to add some more rotary wing besides your Marines (H-53, AH-1Z).