PDA

View Full Version : An FSX uninstall/reinstall question.

olderndirt
April 13th, 2012, 09:40
Following Nick's turorial from Simforum, I'd successfully reinstalled the two original FSX disks, loaded the default flight and rebooted. Next the Acceleration disk but nothing other than a blank .exe page from the CDrom which had worked perfectly a few minutes before. Tried the disk on another machine with no FSX - opened fine. Did a setup/repair on XP - no change. The CDRom works fine with other disks and the ACC disk works fine on another computer. Not sure where the problem lies?

cheezyflier
April 13th, 2012, 12:38
when you uninstall fsx it leaves stuff behind. it's been so long since i've had to do one i forget where they are but i bet it's in your registry, or maybe the docs folder. anyhow, maybe that's the problem?

Meshman
April 13th, 2012, 14:55
What OS are you trying to install under? There's a mention of XP, but not clear as to if it's where the install is going or a system that was used to check the disk.

olderndirt
April 13th, 2012, 17:58
What OS are you trying to install under? There's a mention of XP, but not clear as to if it's where the install is going or a system that was used to check the disk.OS - XPpro(32) SP3. Standard FSX(2disk) and Acceleration (1). Found/deleted 2 viruses - back to square one tomorrow.