PDA

View Full Version : Question for the ground texture experts...

gius
April 13th, 2012, 03:50
Hi,
i've intention to rework Aimè Leclercq textures to adapt them to the cfs2 ETO: i want to resize them to 512x512. any idea about indesired effects like less performance or CTDs?
Thank you
Gius

UncleTgt
April 13th, 2012, 08:08
Guis,

Unfortunately, CFS 2 will only recognise 16 bit 256 x 256 extended bmps.

Both Dvslats & myself have used some of Aimes excellent work, so it's a good choice of start point.

you might find the bitmaps get a little speckly & "busy" looking once you've reduced the size to 256 x 256, but it's worth having a go.

For info., here's the method I use.

I use dxtbmp & open as a normal 24 bit bmp, then export the image to PSP.
I adjust/ modify & reduce size to 256 x 256.

To make into a format CFS 2 will recognise you'll then need to use BMP2000 (again from Martin Wright:salute:) to create the extended bmp set you need.
Often I use an existing bmp with a similar pallette as a start point, then import my new bitmap & create the image set within BMP2000.

Hope this helps

gius
April 13th, 2012, 09:00
Guis,

Unfortunately, CFS 2 will only recognise 16 bit 256 x 256 extended bmps.

Both Dvslats & myself have used some of Aimes excellent work, so it's a good choice of start point.

you might find the bitmaps get a little speckly & "busy" looking once you've reduced the size to 256 x 256, but it's worth having a go.

For info., here's the method I use.

I use dxtbmp & open as a normal 24 bit bmp, then export the image to PSP.
I adjust/ modify & reduce size to 256 x 256.

To make into a format CFS 2 will recognise you'll then need to use BMP2000 (again from Martin Wright:salute:) to create the extended bmp set you need.
Often I use an existing bmp with a similar pallette as a start point, then import my new bitmap & create the image set within BMP2000.

Hope this helps

Uncle,

Thanks for the answer but look at this thread: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?63170-UK-scenery-textures