PDA

View Full Version : AFX and AIFP Compatibility ??

Crusader
April 12th, 2012, 12:59
AFX being a Flight One Software product and the excellent freeware AIFP are two of my favorite tools . Has anyone heard any rumors floating around about either being worked on for compatibility ? I know the license issue can be a little confusing(at least for me ) .

Have a few AC(payware and freeware) running and loaded Xavier's Vietnam War Project scenery which works . So far , pretty satisfied . Still placing AC and scenery a few at a time. Looking forward to future updates . The key word (as mentioned on this and other forums) is smoothness . No stutters as of yet but I realize I don't a have a fraction of the addons loaded into Prepar3D yet . If your're not a "FPS" chaser then Prepar3D has very good future with the FSXer's IMO . My goal before 2.0 comes out is to say bye , bye to FSX.

Mediocre PC(by today's standards):Below handled FSX fairly well with a few quirks here and there but very smooth in Prepar3D .

Intel Quad Q9650 3.0 oc'd 3.6 with Win7 64bit , 8G's Ram , GeForce GTX 560ti---1G ( NVidia Inspector with Driver 275.33))

Rich:guinness:

Lionheart
April 12th, 2012, 21:31
Hey Rich,

Some installers are not allowing you to load into a non-FSX folder, (a folder that doesnt have FSX.exe in it). Some packages can be transferred over and tested to see if they work.

I suggest emailing Jeff at Flight1.com and see if he knows they support it. Thats what I did yesterday on Instant Scenery 2. Its not supported yet, so no dice there.

Email; jeff -at- flight1 'dot' com

Bill

Crusader
April 12th, 2012, 22:06
Thanks Bill , I'll give that a shot later today . 0200 here and it's time to hit the rack ! I think I to am officially hooked now .

Rich

SkippyBing
April 13th, 2012, 12:04
Some installers are not allowing you to load into a non-FSX folder, (a folder that doesnt have FSX.exe in it).

I've found for those if you copy the FSX.exe into the P3D main folder the installer works. To be honest you could probably just put a dummy file in there called FSX.exe and it'd work.

Meshman
April 13th, 2012, 12:25
I've asked about AFX and Instant Scenery 2 and will pass along any response I can share.

For AIFP I would suggest dropping Don Grovestine an email and see what he says. Either that or there is a sub-forum at FS Developer for AIFP and you could ask Don the question.

Lionheart
April 13th, 2012, 15:55
I talked with Jeff at Flight1 2 days ago. Konstantin who does Instant Scenery 2 says it will not work. I confirm this as I tried the demo in P3D. Didnt work. It uses the FSX.exe and some FSX DLL files.

Hopefully in the near future, IS2 will work with it, (I hope). I really like that program.

Bill

Lionheart
April 13th, 2012, 15:57
Oh... Almost forgot. We are testing a new ADE (Airport Design Editor) that works with P3D (as well as FS9 and FSX). Still testing. Works great presently.

So, if AFX doesnt work for a while, you can fall back on ADE-P3D for now.

Bill

Crusader
April 16th, 2012, 06:14
Oh... Almost forgot. We are testing a new ADE (Airport Design Editor) that works with P3D (as well as FS9 and FSX). Still testing. Works great presently.

So, if AFX doesnt work for a while, you can fall back on ADE-P3D for now.

Bill

Getting ready to get a serious line of thunderstorms I think they said early afternoon here in the SE Buckeye state so I may not have any electrical later on . Just asking how the ADE-P3D version is coming along ? (Like your not busy with other tasks , right !:running:)
I saw the newer ADE out (1.5?) but wasn't sure if this was compatible and showed Prepar3D in the selection menu . I've always been a ATX user and like it but have read many good comments about ADE . I know virtually nothing about it but from what I've seen and read it looks like a pretty easy interface to follow .

disregard (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Search&search=disregard&redirs=1&profile=default): Just saw ADE post at Prepar3D forum on new version that enables selection of Prepar3D in ADE .