PDA

View Full Version : Titanic

kilo delta
April 11th, 2012, 08:49
Just spotted this vid on youtube and ,as it's the centenary of the sinking of RMS Titanic I thought it was apt to post here......

sBNSoQYkoRw

Barnes
April 11th, 2012, 09:13
I was enjoying SOH as a titanic free zone - you have RUINED IT FOR ME NOW. :pop4:

jim
April 11th, 2012, 09:41
It's sunk; get over it.:wavey:

kilo delta
April 11th, 2012, 10:10
:icon_lol:

Considering I've been made watch every bl**dy Titanic documentary over the past month or two, plus I've been told that I must watch the movie again this weekend...think yourselves lucky that the above video only takes but 3 minutes!:icon29:

Barnes
April 11th, 2012, 10:11
LOL - i feel a bit better now :salute:

kilo delta
April 11th, 2012, 10:20
LOL - i feel a bit better now :salute:

JIMJAM
April 11th, 2012, 10:37
They have been looting that ship for a good while now. I am surprised anything is left.

Dangerous Beans
April 11th, 2012, 11:56
I want to see this version.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJxj1mou03M&feature=player_embedded

TARPSBird
April 11th, 2012, 12:06
I never totally bought off on the iceberg as the real cause of the ships sinking.

Bomber_12th
April 11th, 2012, 16:25
My interest in the history of the Titanic sort of came sometime before the 1997 movie, due to being rather fascinated at the time by the explorations and findings, but went away around the time the movie craze went away. Although I don't know very much about them, the closest connection I have to those that were aboard the ship, are two individuals that were employed on the Titanic: Bertram Terrell, who was 20 at the time, and was part of the deck crew, and Frank Terrell, who was 27, and was a baker by trade, but worked as a saloon steward in second class. They were brothers (amongst a rather big immediate family), living in Southampton at the time. Bertram did not survive, though somehow Frank did, getting a spot on lifeboat 11, or so I've read. Both distant relatives, but I haven't a clue on the specifics.

No matter what might be said, that FSX model of the Titanic, I've felt, was very well done!

Warhawk1130
April 11th, 2012, 16:32
That was nice...only problem is that Titanic only had 3 working smoke stacks...the other was for cosmetic purposes and storage/ventilation access.

I know...picky.....;P

Ian Warren
April 11th, 2012, 17:51
That was nice...only problem is that Titanic only had 3 working smoke stacks...the other was for cosmetic purposes and storage/ventilation access.

I know...picky.....;P

and the bakery and Kitchens exhaust ..... 100 years and they still make wicked foul-ups with the large cruise ships .. or just recent in NZ waters cargo/container ships due to crew incompetence .
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

dandog
April 11th, 2012, 19:54
And to think I was under the impression that the iceberg attacked the Titanic. Those 3 or 4 stacks were sure to be putting out alot of global warming gasses.:icon_lol:

Dain Arns
April 12th, 2012, 05:20
I want to see this version.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJxj1mou03M&feature=player_embedded

That link needs to come with a warning!!!
I nearly shot an entire can of soda pop through my nose while watching that one! :icon_lol:
(Especially during the Michael Bay sequence.)
Hilarious!

dvj
April 12th, 2012, 05:59
Can anyone tell me if that model will work with Prepare3D?

OleBoy
April 12th, 2012, 07:21
Can anyone tell me if that model will work with Prepare3D?

I never tried it in FSX. For that matter I didn't even know it existed.
I put it in Prepar3D to have a look. It works, although the alpha channels need some tweaking here and there to correct see-through and shine in unwanted areas.

I considered using it as an AI ship. A flight plan (cruise route) so it's roaming range is around the San Juan area (Seattle to BC waters) would be interesting.
No clue how to do that though. I may have to look at the SDK to get it sorted.

limjack
April 12th, 2012, 07:43
I never tried it in FSX. For that matter I didn't even know it existed.
I put it in Prepar3D to have a look. It works, although the alpha channels need some tweaking here and there to correct see-through and shine in unwanted areas.

I considered using it as an AI ship. A flight plan (cruise route) so it's roaming range is around the San Juan area (Seattle to BC waters) would be interesting.
No clue how to do that though. I may have to look at the SDK to get it sorted.

I had a go at this a little whild back but have not touched it since.....see link

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?19450-Making-AI-boat-plans&highlight=limjack

OleBoy
April 12th, 2012, 13:40
As I figured. It always takes so much to gain so little. So much for that thought :isadizzy:

limjack
April 12th, 2012, 14:16
It's been awhile since I played with it but actually once ya figured it out it took around 10-20 min to lay out a path and program it in. My issue was Vista giving me some issues. Since its been a bit I would have to read all the info again to understand it. Some day I will try again when I am inspired. Perhaps Titanic might need a home in Seattle where their is no Ice burg issues.

Jim

FSN
April 13th, 2012, 03:59
That link needs to come with a warning!!!
I nearly shot an entire can of soda pop through my nose while watching that one! :icon_lol:
(Especially during the Michael Bay sequence.)
Hilarious!

That certainly made my morning. Someone owes me a cup of coffee, mine got spat out accross the floor laughing.