PDA

View Full Version : Attention Brian Gladden; Firefly

Lionheart
April 10th, 2012, 07:54
Hey Brian,

Behold... Serenity! :D

I am sure you already have it, but just in case. I found it online while looking for textures for a plane project.

n4gix
April 10th, 2012, 09:25
It looks like a mechanical dog, maybe a Doberman... :icon_lol:

Willy
April 10th, 2012, 09:38
There was one done for FS9 a few years ago. I've got it somewhere in the hanger. Probably next to the Klingon battle cruiser ;)

Lionheart
April 10th, 2012, 18:35
There was one done for FS9 a few years ago. I've got it somewhere in the hanger. Probably next to the Klingon battle cruiser ;)

Yep!

I redid the airfiles for it so it wouldnt shake at Mach speed.

Nicely done model!

Moparmike
April 11th, 2012, 06:10
Nicely done model!
I don't think Serenity was ever that clean though. Remember, Malcolm bought it off a used lot that looked more like a junkyard. :icon_lol:

Lionheart
April 11th, 2012, 09:03
I remember that, lol.... It was in the back, like pure junk. The dealer was like 'you want that?'

Then, his second in command, that girl, I forget her name, fellow brown coat, says; 'you paid money for this, sir?'

The Serenity could only have looked like this the day it left the plant, brand new off the assembly line.

From this rendering, you do really see that it looks a bit like an animal; the feet with claws, the head, the neck, the fat belly, the thorax like tail end engine.

Odie
April 11th, 2012, 10:32
Maybe a firefly or lightning bug? I always thought the backend made it appear so.... Good show!

Brian_Gladden
April 11th, 2012, 17:42
Seen it Bill.... What do you think my desktop background is.....

napamule
April 11th, 2012, 19:54
How about a video (or 2): In FSX (ha). (Lost the FDEs due to HD crash in 2011). Firefly Take 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICJ1BJhQyOA , Firefly Take 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RLQwivg13E . I think I can make even better FDEs now, as this was 2+ years ago (and Pentium 4). My i7 2600K should do much better frames, too.
Chuck B
Napamule

Lionheart
April 11th, 2012, 20:40
Seen it Bill.... What do you think my desktop background is.....

Yep... I should have known. I was pretty impressed by the rendering. Fine work. :D

I still cant believe they cancelled such a well done series. bums...

Bone
April 12th, 2012, 07:11
Does this thing have a VC? It's pretty cool looking on the outside, and thanks for the vids, Napamule.

Lionheart
April 12th, 2012, 07:39
Does this thing have a VC? It's pretty cool looking on the outside, and thanks for the vids, Napamule.

Negative. Would be nice though. You would need the small toy dinasaurs on the instrument panel, the equipment trunks down below under the front windshield, all the grime and rust, chipped paint.

napamule
April 12th, 2012, 16:50
Hate to say it, but it's a POTATO BUG, not a dog. And it DID come from 'Outer Space' (ha). Here is link to info/faq page. We have these. They like fermented leaves, beer, (and/or moldy rugs). http://potatobugs.com/faq/index.html .
Chuck B
Napamule

Lionheart
April 13th, 2012, 08:57
lolol... and LOTS of beer!

Brian_Gladden
April 13th, 2012, 15:59
My friend Dan is a collector of Firefly props. He has an impressive collection of original Firefly props. The image below shows some of the guns. Bottom left is Jubal Early's pistol. The upper left is the lamp from the Galley table.

This is Dan holding the candle holder from Inara's shuttle (Also used in the King and I)

And Dan and his Wife at a convention with Adam (Jayne Cobb) Baldwin

Lionheart
April 14th, 2012, 10:45
Dang!! Nice....!

Actual props......

I remember the first time I had seen the show, it was the last 15 min's. I was really impressed by all the different details they intwined into the show, like their words they used, costumes, the 'lived in' realism look of the ships interior, and how they filmed in such a ship interior with all the different levels and gangways and ramps.

Sort of like Star Wars to me, how detailed it was.

napamule
April 20th, 2012, 11:16
I hate to bump old threads, but I guess this video will 'close' it in style. I made FDEs for the Firefly and I hand flew it to 170,000 ft and back down in FSX. Don't really know what the 'cieling' is-will try 200,000 ft later tonight. I intend to post the FDEs later today so you can try some high altitude flying in FSX. Just a different kind of flying. Here is video link: http://youtu.be/az9vqo-n84g .
Chuck B
Napamule

Brian_Gladden
April 21st, 2012, 10:40
Nice video.

The original FS 2002 download includes the FSDS 2 source files so making a VC is possible. Imagine a reworked model with some of Rob B's VTOL gauge work added in....

napamule
April 22nd, 2012, 10:47
Well, I went and took Firefly from San Francisco (KSFO) to Hilo, Hawaii (PHTO). Took 15 min to get to 235,000 ft. Hand fly all the way up and all the way down. No AP was used. No Gauges was used, either (hehe). Tot Time: 53 min's and 35 sec's (Mach 4.25). Here is the video link: http://youtu.be/7au6WYZrcdg . I'm gone.
Chuck B
Napamule