PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Airport, What's yours?

IanHenry
April 10th, 2012, 01:53
I'm sure most people have a favourite airport, and I was wondering what they are, and why they are your favourite's? I fully expect that a lot of people are going to choose one of the many fabulous Orbx products.
One of mine is EGPR Barra airport, <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">Outer Hebrides</st1:city>, <st1:country-region w:st="on">Scotland</st1:country-region></st1:place>, because you have to land on the beach, and the scenery is breathtaking, especially if you have the Horizon/Playsim western Isles photo scenery and the Scotflight package.
<o:p></o:p>
Regards,
Ian.

Dave Torkington
April 10th, 2012, 09:11
Ian,

One of my favorites has to be the sloping runway of Courchevel. I love the location, tricky approach track and the fact you have to nail the landing 100% every time...

I have the LLH scenery - the best in my opinion.

http://www.llhinfo.com/llh5x_en.html

elcamino
April 10th, 2012, 10:21
No real all time favorite here. I use the local airports kbtv burlington vermont or kilm wilmington north carolina.
I usually go sight seeing around different states to places I have been before or throw a dart at the map.

Helldiver
April 10th, 2012, 12:59
Since I live only a quarter mile away from it, It has to be Plum Island Aerodrome. The oldest operating airport in the world. Began operation in1909. It was the place that the first airplane that ever flew in England was built by Burgess Aircraft. Bill Womack did it proud.

Naki
April 10th, 2012, 13:15
Changes over time ...has been RealNZ Tauranga, then RealNZ Omaka ....ATM its RealNZ Wanaka (the orginal home of warbirds in NZ) and FSCreators Taupo.