PDA

View Full Version : RWD-8 is going to be reworked

lucas81
April 9th, 2012, 23:51
Hello,

those of you who enjoyed the RWD-8 trainer relased couple of years ago may be interested as me and a friend of mine are going to rework the plane. We got in touch with private foundation which is going to build flyable replica of this bird. Those gents need 3d model for their visualisations which can raise some funds needed to finish the plane. We decided to help them. This is also a good ocassion to relase refreshed model of the RWD. As we got some nice drawings and original manual, we will be able to produce more detail. We are considering making two models - one original, second - modern replica with tail wheel and modern avionics, but still it is too early to speculate.
Anyways, we will use the old model, but about 70% is going to be made from scratch, including wings, instruments, cockpit detail. I will also use single 4096x texture for the plane, so we will have much better detail than before :)

Stay tuned, but it will take us few months to do the job :)

Lucas

stiz
April 10th, 2012, 00:25
cant wait! :jump: :jump:

greenie
April 10th, 2012, 02:25
I very much look forward to this . Spent many a pleasant trip in this plane when it first came out . Good to hear

Pips
April 10th, 2012, 03:20
Lucas, your RWD 8 has given me many wonderful hours of fun, a great aircraft. I'm really happy with it as it is. But ....... if you think it can be improved then I'm all for it! :applause:

lucas81
April 10th, 2012, 03:47
Thank you :)

We got some new data which allows us to improve few things. Besides that, the airframe contains some serious mistakes and can not be used as a visualisation for the real project. Those Gents asked us only for the 3d model which they will put inside of some presentation in adobe after effects, but I thought it could be nice to work a month longer or so and relase the upgraded version for the FSX.

Lucas

Deano
April 10th, 2012, 04:31
I'm looking forward to this one also, gotta love those high wings.

OleBoy
April 10th, 2012, 06:38
That's excellent news Lucas!

Not just for the benefit of a new and refined RWD for the flight simulator, but more for the experience in preservation of aviation history.
Having the opportunity and use of the correct documentation can make your hobby (and ours) even more gratifying when alls said and done.
You'll be having an opportunity to experience the best of the best. Real, 3D, and virtual flight. I can only imagine what else one might get the chance to experience along the way.

Do keep us updated!

William Njurmi
April 11th, 2012, 22:00
Excellent! I´m very picky with my simplanes, but this plane has stayed in my hangar.