PDA

View Full Version : Parting is sweet sorrow

OBIO
April 9th, 2012, 16:21
It is with a heavy heart that I announce that I will be leaving flight simming and SOH behind for an unknown period of time. I have already archived my FS9 installs to my external HD, uninstalled FSX and tossed the FSX package into the garage sale pile (along with my retired CFS2 and CFS3 discs).

There are many things in my life that need changed, many things that need abandoned, many things that will be ending that I never imagined would be ending....but that is life....what you thought would last until death do you part proves to not be that durable.

My friends of SOH...it has been a great journey through flight sim land with you, I will miss many many of you fine folks. Fare they well.

Tim

burcham8
April 9th, 2012, 16:27
As the little boy said..."Say it ain't so, Joe!!!"

Marc

Bone
April 9th, 2012, 16:28
I know a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, but let me just say that logging into SOH here and there only takes a minute or two. Good luck, man.

brad kaste
April 9th, 2012, 16:48
A double thumbs <label for="rb_iconid_14">http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon14.png</label><label for="rb_iconid_14">http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon14.png</label>up to ya' Tim,....whatever you pursue. Your posts have been a delight to read over the seasons.....

Navy Chief
April 9th, 2012, 16:48
Tim,

I wish you luck in whatever you need to accomplish. Please do check in here when you can?

Pete

Daveroo
April 9th, 2012, 17:15
dont know whats goin on...but gonna miss ya....go forth ,and prosper....

mrogers
April 9th, 2012, 17:17
Thumbs up Obio, all the best, I have enjoyed your posts some of which made me laugh. Sorry to see you go.

Milton Shupe
April 9th, 2012, 17:52
OBIO,

Do whatcha gotta do sir. Enjoy life to the fullest.

Best of luck!

andersel
April 9th, 2012, 19:29
Tim - I/we will miss your presence here at SOH. You have been a good friend and a great help to so many of us. Wherever you go and whatever you do our thoughts will be with you, along with our best wishes. Drop by for a visit now and again, eh?

Lance

aeromed202
April 9th, 2012, 19:43
Ditto Milton. Maybe sneak a peek now and then. Au revoir.

Eoraptor1
April 9th, 2012, 19:47
Obio,

PLEASE keep yourself well. I do know through my own experiences as a care-giver some of what you've been going through, and wish you and Deb well in all your future endeavors. I do hope you'll continue to stop in every now and then, but even in the event that you do not, please remember that I am wishing you and your family every good thing.

JAMES

TARPSBird
April 9th, 2012, 19:49
Tim, best wishes to you in all your future endeavors. You've made a lotta friends here at SOH and I certainly appreciate the personal help you've given me with my computer on several occasions. Please check in here from time to time and let u know how you're doing. :salute:

Chacha
April 9th, 2012, 20:38
God's blessings and favor to you, Tim!

edmoore235
April 9th, 2012, 21:42
Tim, good luck and good health to you and yours. Take care and thanks friend. Goodbye.

Ed

magoo
April 9th, 2012, 22:02
Thanks for all that you've shared with us, Obio.

May you find fair winds and following seas.

Cheers.

Lionheart
April 9th, 2012, 22:24
I cannot believe this.

Do you think it will be over a week?

:S

Dont be a stranger. Stop in once in a while and say howdy.

full
April 9th, 2012, 22:31
Tim, We all love your posts please don't be a stranger

All the best.

grunau_baby
April 10th, 2012, 00:19
Good Luck with all that is yet to come for you on your way!!! Best wishes!

Your absence will be a loss for this place, but indeed the only constant thing in life is change.

Keep your head up, take care and thanks for the input and the sense of homour!
Alex

Jagdflieger
April 10th, 2012, 01:38
Tim,

Looks like a mid-life course correction for you. Best of luck with your new endevours. We never can fully part with the past, so stop by, check in and let us know how you're doing from time to time.

stansdds
April 10th, 2012, 02:05
Obio, I wish you good luck in all that you do. You have done much for the flight sim community and you have brought laughter, the best medicine, to our forums. You will be missed.

ThinkingManNeil
April 10th, 2012, 02:43
Best wishes, Tim, and thank you for all you've done for us...

Take Care.

N.

Ascua02
April 10th, 2012, 03:16
Best of luck in whatever you do, Man!!
Pop up sometime and tell us How you doing.

You'll be missed

Luck!!

WarHorse47
April 10th, 2012, 04:20
Sorry to hear of your leaving. You will be missed. Best wishes to you and your family, and hope you return someday.

--WH

rpjkw
April 10th, 2012, 04:35
The very best to you, Tim. Thank you for what you've given to FS in general and SOH in particular. You WILL be missed.

Bob

mikezola
April 10th, 2012, 04:49
Vaya con Dios, hombre...

-Mike Z.

HouseHobbit
April 10th, 2012, 04:57
RATS!!! Very sorry to hear this Tim, I will hold you and your family in my prayers..
God Bless you always..

hews500d
April 10th, 2012, 04:59
Tim, best of luck to you in whatever the future holds. Not sure what you are going thru, but I see we are about the same age, and I too, have been feeling like I need to make some changes. Flightsimming just doesn't seem to be as fun and engaging as it used to be and I have been feeling "out of whack" in several areas of my life lately.

While I'm not going so far as to remove FSX or any of the other sims I have, I think I will also end up stepping away for a while in the near future. Sometimes I wish I had a Harley and could just jump on the thing and start riding, nowhere in particular, just wherever the road leads....

Take care man!
Darrell

paiken
April 10th, 2012, 06:50
Sorry to see you go Tim. Your support here was greatly appreciated. You'll always have the support of everyone here no matter what. Your insight and sense of humor have been inspirational. Take care of yourself and your family. Like many here have said, check back in from time to time.
Best regards,
Pat

hurricane3
April 10th, 2012, 06:52
Tim ,you made SOH come alive with your wonderful sense of humor and the help you've given me over the years. Please drop in now and then, I don't know how much longer I'll be flight simming but even when I stop I'll drop in off and on.
Best of luck my friend in whatever choices you make. SOH won't be the same without you , youve made me laugh when I didn't think I could laugh again.Bless you Tim in all you do.

Toastmaker
April 10th, 2012, 10:28
Seems like you're on a path, Obio, when many don't even know what one looks like ! Good luck and enjoy !

:running:

norab
April 10th, 2012, 10:48
So sorry to hear this Tim, I will miss you and hope that God will lead you safely. I pray for you and yours and can never thank you enough for your FS abilities. I consider you one of my best friends that I haven't yet had the pleasure of meeting face to face. y'all come back now, ya hear

PeteHam
April 10th, 2012, 11:57
I wish you well Tim for whatever the future has for you.

Thanks for all that you've contributed to SOH.

I appreciate the help you've given me and others here.

May God bless you and keep you safe.

You will always be in our thoughts.

Pete.

Cees Donker
April 10th, 2012, 12:10
Good luck Tim! Hope to see you here again someday!

Hang in there buddy.

Cees

Ferry_vO
April 10th, 2012, 12:29
Not much I can add that hasn't already been said above Tim, but like the others I do hope to see you again in the future once you get things sorted out!

papab
April 10th, 2012, 12:34
Fair wind and following seas for safe passage in life...........

Rick

arfyhun
April 10th, 2012, 13:04
Obio,

My best wishes go to you and yours. Whatever you do I'm certain it will be to the same quality as you have achieved at Simout.

Whatever you do, I know you'll 'knock 'em out!' as you have done here.

Watch you airspeed, compass and altimeter mate!

Best wishes,

Graham Sullivan.

Norfolk.

T Square
April 10th, 2012, 13:26
Good Luck !!!!!!!! :guinness::guinness::guinness:

You sure have made a lot of Aircrfat sound awful pretty over the years. Thank You ever so much. Please take care :wavey:

:ernae:

God Bless :salute:

Wittpilot
April 10th, 2012, 14:43
Good Luck Obio...

Remember, even if you have left simming behind, this is still a home for us all... I've gone years w/o playing FS, but still came here every day because I consider this community close to family...

-witt

Roadburner440
April 10th, 2012, 16:36
Take care OBIO. You will be missed! Hopefully your life is changing for the better, but please stop in from time to time to say hi.

Astoroth
April 10th, 2012, 23:52
Oh, man....SOH without the Obio wit...place won't be the same without ya buddy! I understand you gotta do what you gotta do to get your life back on track, but please stop by and say howdy once in a while. Lotta people here gonna miss you, and I am very much one of them. You've had me in stitches several times, always been a pleasure. Hope to hear from you again soon, Tim!

Joe