PDA

View Full Version : How to get a good clean FSX install

TeaSea
April 9th, 2012, 12:58
Have your HDD crash . . .and take the backup drive with it.

No doubt some of you have already learned this. <sigh>

I've spent most of the day re-imaging and installing drivers. Now executing a recovery on the external backup drive and then it's on to the cloud to get what's packed away there.

What a pain. First priority is finishing the taxes. Then I can try my new cleaned up FSX.

falcon409
April 9th, 2012, 15:34
Man, I feel your pain TeaSea. The other way is to have a virus take you down. But at least we have a clean install eh? lol:salute:

JIMJAM
April 10th, 2012, 06:47
Last time I had to do a full reinstall it took 3 days to get back to about where I was. A 3 month old Raptor flew apart. Making lemons out of lemonade I used it as a much needed excuse to do alot of cleaning and getting rid of alot of programs,paywares,sceneries ect that I rarely used.

Of course replacing them with " new" programs,paywares and sceneries hahahaha.

Good luck and just take your time.

TeaSea
April 10th, 2012, 15:52
Fortunately I was able to recover both drives. Took over 24 hours of constant scanning, but it worked.

I think I actually damaged the backup by letting the OS install run automatically. I believe it looked for a good partition, saw the backup, and started to image that drive instead of the C:.

Lesson learned, disconnect the backup drive first.

Be a week or so before I can take the time to mess with FSX though. Just don't have the time now.

Might miss the ORBX sale too.....