PDA

View Full Version : I'm confussed..

rdaniell
April 8th, 2012, 08:44
I posted an earlier thread wondering where the small creeks and rivers were in FSX. Several of you'll responded. What I'm confused about is which of the many available add-ons that were recommended will just add the small creeks, rivers, etc. I'm happy with my textures, towns, roads, and pretty much everything else. I do most if not all my sim flying in the states of Alabama, Florida, and Georgia.

Thanks for any advice anyone can provide.

RD

Dimus
April 8th, 2012, 12:53
I guess UTX USA will be the one to use. You can install it and select not to have it change your roads or railroads, although I think they are better than default FSX, but the choice is there. You can also select not to use the UTX landclass if you do not like the way the towns or rural areas will look with UTX. In that case though you would have deactivated the major part that UTX offers and that you have actually paid for.

To help you decide, show me a screenshot of a place you are interested in, showing also longitude and latitude and I will show you how it looks with UTX enabled.

rdaniell
April 8th, 2012, 13:25
I guess UTX USA will be the one to use. You can install it and select not to have it change your roads or railroads, although I think they are better than default FSX, but the choice is there. You can also select not to use the UTX landclass if you do not like the way the towns or rural areas will look with UTX. In that case though you would have deactivated the major part that UTX offers and that you have actually paid for.

To help you decide, show me a screenshot of a place you are interested in, showing also longitude and latitude and I will show you how it looks with UTX enabled.

Thanks Dimus. I looked at UTX USA and was fixing to purchase it until I read where I needed either Windows XP or Vista. I have Windows 7. I don't know if UTX will work on my system.

RD

bushpilot
April 8th, 2012, 13:46
Thanks Dimus. I looked at UTX USA and was fixing to purchase it until I read where I needed either Windows XP or Vista. I have Windows 7. I don't know if UTX will work on my system.

RD

Worked well in Win7 64bit:salute:

rdaniell
April 8th, 2012, 13:55
Worked well in Win7 64bit:salute:

Thanks bushpilot. That's what I needed to read. Also thanks again to Dimus for suggesting UTX USA.

RD

rdaniell
April 12th, 2012, 11:53
...Man what a difference it makes for the kind of low level VFR flying I like to do.:applause: Heck! I don't even really need to use the GPS anymore. Just take off fly out US 82 to the intersection of 82 and Sumner Road, hang a right to a heading of 360 :running: and keep an eye on the horizon. Pretty soon I'm flying a pretty decent left downwind at Young's grass strip. Turn base and then final being careful to drop in over the power lines and time for a session of "scratching and spitting" with some of the guys. ;)

Some of the best bucks I've spent recently.

RD