PDA

View Full Version : P3d Unuasble

UKMIL
April 8th, 2012, 02:34
Ok I purchased the Academic version last night, and downloaded the files. I installed it this morning, and ran it first time. It ran, and I was in the default flight. It gave me a shocking 7FPS! I appreciate I need to try and play with the settings, so that is something I can look at. But, during that first run, it then CTD. Now, it will not start. Every time I run the program it begins to load, it goes through the Scenery Cfg build then CTD again, every time

I have tried deleting the CFG's but same happens, so currently, P3d is unusable on my PC:isadizzy:

ZEUS67
April 8th, 2012, 06:53
You should try the Prepar3D Troubleshooting forums. LM is very interested in solving all bugs and problems. The developers will help you as soon as they can. But you must provide them with more information like Processor, memory, hard disk space, graphics card, etc.

Lionheart
April 8th, 2012, 07:50
Ok I purchased the Academic version last night, and downloaded the files. I installed it this morning, and ran it first time. It ran, and I was in the default flight. It gave me a shocking 7FPS! I appreciate I need to try and play with the settings, so that is something I can look at. But, during that first run, it then CTD. Now, it will not start. Every time I run the program it begins to load, it goes through the Scenery Cfg build then CTD again, every time

I have tried deleting the CFG's but same happens, so currently, P3d is unusable on my PC:isadizzy:

Sorry about that UKMil,

I would have thought it was a config issue and that resetting that would have done it.

If you get it running, try turning of Bathometry in Scenery settings if its 'on'.

Just out of curiosity, were you able to run FSX ok on your rig?

Bill

Naismith
April 8th, 2012, 09:33
All the same solutions for FSX are applicable to P3D. Try deleting the cfg file and let the sim rebuild it for you. And turn off the Bathometry as suggested it is a killer.

UKMIL
April 8th, 2012, 11:17
tried deleting CFGS, but as mentioned, it does not even get into the game before the error, so I cannot change any settings

Dangerous Beans
April 8th, 2012, 12:53
That startup failure sounds very similar to the corrupt logbook bug in FSX.

Try deleting the logbook.bin in "My Documents\Prepar3D Files"