PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver Boomerang Recon

PRB
April 6th, 2012, 15:32
Doing a recon flight of Vancouver Island in the Flight Replica CAC Boomerang, which, I might add, is a beautiful FSX plane. The WBS P-39 thread got me all spun up about these unsung heros, planes and pilots, holding the line against overwhelming odds, until the glamorous supermodels (P-51s, P-47s, F4Us) came along to win the war. Anyhow, I'm looking for a picturesque hideaway airport and decided Vancouver had to have just what I wanted. These pics show the first leg from Sekiu, WA (11S), across the Juan De Fuca Straight, over the southern end of Vancouver, to my first landing at Alberni Valley Regional (CBS8). It was a very pretty flight, but I haven't found exactly what I'm looking for yet. The ORBX PNW Scenery helps a lot here...

Bomber_12th
April 6th, 2012, 17:10
Beautiful screenshots, Paul! And I really love that Flight Replica's Boomerang - you simply cannot go wrong with a Flight Replica's production. It's such a unique fighter, with a great history behind it as well. It's nice to know too, that besides the two originals that have already been restored and flying, there are at least a couple more airframes that will be flying in future years.

greenie
April 6th, 2012, 19:05
One of my favourites . Great little model .

Barnes
April 7th, 2012, 09:21
and mine

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-1210.jpg