PDA

View Full Version : EuroTargets_5 uploaded

Ettico
December 23rd, 2008, 17:40
Installment (5) of my EuroTargets series. 11 new Eurotargets. Included in this package are:

1. the Rotterdam refinery
2. the Bremen shipyard
3. the Bremen Focke-Wulf factory
4. Kassel Aero Engines Works
5. the Kassel railyard
6. the Bessemer Steel Works, including a couple of bridges and docks
7. Maybach Engines
8. the Pontoise industrial complex
9. the Bethune industrial complex
10. Brunswick Aircraft Industries
11. Brunswick bomb factories

Scenery and flattening BGL's for the new targets.

Ground textures for the new targets.

Layout files for the new targets.

GSL files for the new targets.

Runway entries for the new targets to make them easier to find. The Schweinfurt runway entry is also included. I believe the Schweinfurt runway entry was omitted from previous uploads.

AFD files for the new targets. You can put these into your SCENEDB/AFDFILES folder, or put them into your Eurotargets/scenery folder.

I noticed (too late) that the readme file does not include installation instructions. No problem. Installation is the same as for previous Eurotargets. The folder names provide a guide as to where everything goes. Use the included "GSLman" to install the infrastructure into the global scenery layer.

Thanks to Rami for providing a large list of targets and coordinates. Thanks also to Wolfi for some new industrial buildings and port facilities.:friday:

Rami
December 23rd, 2008, 18:03
Ettico,

I will ensure that these get put to good use. Thanks, buddy!

Jagdflieger
December 23rd, 2008, 18:24
Thanks Etico!

Previous Euro Target packages have been bombed into rubble and the combined targeting cell at 8th AF and RAF Bomber Command was starting to run out of ideas. Now they can keep their rank and possibly get promoted with all these new targets to assign to the bomber wings.

dog1
December 23rd, 2008, 18:43
When i get my copy of fsds3.5 the first thing i want and hope to learn is build objects for these sceneries:
RAF personnel and vehicles
Luftwaffe personnel
after that i will put together all the good work done by others and upload all the revised sceneries for europe
dog1

Ettico
December 23rd, 2008, 18:58
Thanks Rami and Jag

Now I have to report that I've just uploaded corrected GSL and layout files for the Bremen Focke-Wulf factory. The original has a couple of factories in the railroad right-of-way. This simply will not do.:redf:

Dog1: In spite of Wolfi's and others' herculean efforts, we still do not have all the different types of factory buildings. And, as far as I know, we still do not have CFS2-ized versions of the CFS1 Landmarks. So if you get the know-how and the want-to, there's still plenty of building to be done.:ernae:

Blue Devil
December 24th, 2008, 08:40
Thanks Ettico, ...very cool.

Makes me want to clone myself so I would have time right now to workthe ETO and install'em.

Any chance of any PTO offerings? (Rabaul, Kahili, Henderson Field...)

Thanks Ettico.

Wulf190
December 24th, 2008, 10:18
It all looks great, but I can't get the Bremen FW factory to show. I have tried both of your GSL files, but nothing shows up for bremen. Just the stock terrain texture, and no buildings.

My install is saying that I need inf Atlantic wall08 and building largeblock 3.

Ettico
December 24th, 2008, 19:47
Thanks Ettico, ...very cool.

Makes me want to clone myself so I would have time right now to workthe ETO and install'em.

Any chance of any PTO offerings? (Rabaul, Kahili, Henderson Field...)

Thanks Ettico.

Hi Blue Devil

Pen32Win is doing a major overhaul of Rabaul, and there may have been some mention of Kahili if memory serves.

Maskrider has uploaded a set of GSL-ized Solomons bases, including a developed version of Henderson.

Both these guys have all the tools, know-how, and attention to detail necessary for great scenery addons. I wouldn't want to get in their way. I'm thinking about putting some industrial targets in Japan, but I'll have to find some authentic targets and try to stay away from Xavierb's airfields. It gets a bit complicated when you have two GSL scenery addons by different builders in the same GOB area.

You probably need a whole CFS2 install for Europe, with SdC's scenery, Achim's airfields, the Eurotargets, and a stable of ETO aircraft.

The PTO remains my favorite area. I like carrier ops, and I'm a big fan of the Hellcat and the Corsair. But the ETO is nice for a change of pace.

Ettico
December 24th, 2008, 20:46
It all looks great, but I can't get the Bremen FW factory to show. I have tried both of your GSL files, but nothing shows up for bremen. Just the stock terrain texture, and no buildings.

My install is saying that I need inf Atlantic wall08 and building largeblock 3.

Greetings Wulf190

Check and see if you have all the necessary files for the Bremen FW plant:

040404s2 - texture bmp

BremenFW.BGL

BremenFW_A16N.BGL

If all these files are present, then it's possible that one of them may be corrupted in your download. Let's wait a bit and see if anyone else reports a problem with them.

The Atlantic Wall08 is a mistake on my part. I put an Atlantic Wall flak tower at the Bremen shipyard, not realizing that it probably wouldn't fire on enemy aircraft when installed as GSL. It's sitting there in my install. I haven't checked to see if it fires or not. You don't really need it. Actually, guns should never be placed as GSL. They should always be in the mission infrastructure. I have a few more targets in the works. I'll upload them soon as EuroTargets_6. I'll include a new GSL file for the Bremen shipyard in that upload, without the flak tower.

building largeblock 3 - Hmmm. I lost a lot of my information in a crash a while back, but I think that has to be one of Wolfi's creations. My best guess is, it is in one of Wolfi's "CFS2_Library_Objects" series. It's generally a good idea to download and install all of Wolfi's infrastructure objects. They're all destroyable and very good quality.

EDITED TO ADD:

OK, I may have found your problem with the Bremen FW factory. The runway entry is incorrect. If you're using that as a guide, you're just looking in the wrong place. (head bonk)

Here's the correct runway entry:

[runway.xxx]
id=xxx
name=Bremen Focke-Wulf
heading=297
allegiance=2
units_across=4
base_lat=N53 3.58
base_lon=E08 53.98
base_alt=22
takeoff_start_pos=-500,0
takeoff_stop_pos=1600,200
landing_start_pos=5000,350
landing_touchdown_pos=500,0
landing_stop_pos=-250,0

Wulf190
December 24th, 2008, 22:20
OK that found it. Now how can I fix the entry to I can select Bremen Fockewulf factory from the selection menu for both FF and QC?

Ettico
December 25th, 2008, 22:45
OK that found it. Now how can I fix the entry to I can select Bremen Fockewulf factory from the selection menu for both FF and QC?

Hi Wulf190,

Thanks for bringing a problem to my attention. Seems some of the AFD bgl's have the same filenames as the texture bgl's, which means they'll overwrite the texture bgl's if pasted into the same folder. Also, the Bremen Focke-Wulf AFD has the same location error as the runway entry.

I think the best way to fix this would be to upload some more targets as Eurotargets_6 and include renamed AFD bgl's for Eurotargets_5 in the upload. These will go into the Eurotargets/scenery folder (where they should have been in the first place) without overwriting anything.

Chalk it up to Christman busy-ness. :isadizzy: I wanted to get these uploaded before the big day and rushed the packaging a bit.

Shessi
December 26th, 2008, 00:37
Hi Ettico,
Many thanks for another great set of 'targets', they look too good to bomb..:costumes:

Excess of egg-nog eh? ha ha..Know the feeling and a good plan..

:ernae: Shessi

Ettico
December 26th, 2008, 20:01
Hi Ettico,
Many thanks for another great set of 'targets', they look too good to bomb..:costumes:

Excess of egg-nog eh? ha ha..Know the feeling and a good plan..

:ernae: Shessi

Not to worry. The Germans are fast builders. Bomb them, and they sprout right back.:icon_lol:

'Tis the season to rush around frantically at the last minute. And when they're putting rum in your coffee, well...the best laid plans of stone cold sober mice and men often go awry. So what chance does a slightly tipsy mouse really have.