PDA

View Full Version : Carenado Cessna 185 in P3D

Lionheart
April 4th, 2012, 20:55
I am migrating my purchases from FSX to P3D and wanted to do a flight tonight in a beauty, the Cessna 185 by Carenado, (officially and actually just a 185).

What a blast. I decided to check out a remote strip East of San Diego (California) in the mountains, at about 3,000 feet altitude, a small dirt strip called 'On The Rocks'. (hard to remember, heh).

Quite a jaunt from Montgomery Field, almost 15 to 20 min's at 150 Knots. I did the 'down the hill side approach' (not that wise at a higher altitude) and came in a bit hot. Used full flaps, so then I find myself doing a ground effect down the runway, a cliff facing me at the end. Once down (at about the half way point) I am hitting the brakes and holding the elevator full up (for wind resistance). I wasnt slowing fast enough, so I turned on the parking brake, and decided to make a turn if I wasnt going to slow fast enough, but I did. Stopped in time and sat there, taking in the view at 'On The Rocks' looking out over the area below, beautiful San Diego in the outskirts...

Then, back to base. Turned around, taxied back to the front of the runway, one notch of flaps, power to full, some up trim, and I was off, over the cliffs edge, and back West bound for Montgomery. Touched down a while later and was done for the day. A great flight.

Fernando should be a very happy man. He and his team make some very well done aircraft. I am always impressed to fly a Carenado.

Bill
LHC

Bomber_12th
April 4th, 2012, 21:23
Great post, Bill, and I like the screenshots! That Carenado 185 is definitely a beautiful aircraft! I only have the bush-pilot pack, but that one, with the standard wheels and wheel pants, looks much prettier. ; )

VCN-1
April 5th, 2012, 06:08
The 185 moved perfectly into P3D but the 208s and 337 failed to work properly for me.

I lack a VC background in both of them. Just the instruments are there.

VCN-1

Lionheart
April 5th, 2012, 10:09
The 185 moved perfectly into P3D but the 208s and 337 failed to work properly for me.

I lack a VC background in both of them. Just the instruments are there.

VCN-1

Make sure all the parts are there. Run the installers 'into' P3D. If you do not move 'all' the components, then the VC will hide.

Roger
April 5th, 2012, 10:12
Some payware installers sometimes send some textures to the main FsX texture folders, maybe it's that?

VCN-1
April 5th, 2012, 10:15
I tried to run the installer but it would not allow me to change directory to point to P3D.

VCN-1

SRAces
April 3rd, 2013, 18:26
I tried to run the installer but it would not allow me to change directory to point to P3D.

VCN-1All you need to do is purchase the FSX to P3D Migration Tool by FlightSim Estonia. It's $15 and worth every penny. When you have it activated when installing your FSX addons, it redirects the FSX addons to the correct Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D folder. Works like a charm for scenery and aircraft not originally designed to allow you to change the default install location. I have the same bird in P3D and love it! Cheers!

Firekitten
April 4th, 2013, 14:48
Folks, if you bought your aircraft from Carenado Direct, go to the account section, and redownload the P3D installer for the aircraft... problem solved.

Roger
April 4th, 2013, 15:11
Hmmm...this thread jumped almost a year.

dandog
April 4th, 2013, 21:41
A year later, and the group joins in to help. Sounds good to me!

Firekitten
April 5th, 2013, 02:16
I just saw the topic! I didn't see the date! I didn't raise the first zombie honest! :D

*loads shotgun*

Roger
April 5th, 2013, 04:10
I just saw the topic! I didn't see the date! I didn't raise the first zombie honest! :D

*loads shotgun*

Ha ha!