PDA

View Full Version : Weapon BGL's ?

ckissling
September 26th, 2008, 17:41
I would like to know if a weapon BGL can be made so it will use a
different muzzleflash than the one CFS2 normaly uses. ckissling

Tango_Romeo
September 26th, 2008, 17:52
....that is quite easily done. All that is required is someone who will commit to doing it.

There is already one option to the stock muzzleflash effect in the modification of that effect that adds gunsmoke by Nanni and Nibbio:
http://web.tiscali.it/Nanni/CFS/

How precisely are you proposing it be changed and why? :d

ckissling
September 26th, 2008, 18:41
I would like to see if Thicko could redo the BGL'S for the stuka 37mm gunpods to use a modifided fx_mzlflsh_m that I made up. The empty shell cases will then eject out in the correct place. If I were to use my fx file in place of of the stock fx ALL guns would eject their cases 3 meters back from the flash rather than the normal 1 meter back.ckissling

Tango_Romeo
September 27th, 2008, 02:55
I would like to see if Thicko could redo the BGL'S for the stuka 37mm gunpods to use a modifided fx_mzlflsh_m that I made up. The empty shell cases will then eject out in the correct place. If I were to use my fx file in place of of the stock fx ALL guns would eject their cases 3 meters back from the flash rather than the normal 1 meter back.ckissling

....you'll have any luck with that, as the sim is hardwired to use the stock muzzleflash Effects for all guns, i.e. the fx_mzlflsh.fx in s, m, vs and vm. So without naming your new Effect the same as the stock one for cannon (which, if I recall, is the m version), you won't be able to get her to work.....and of course that will effect all cannon. :banghead:

Tango_Romeo
September 27th, 2008, 03:07
I would like to know if a weapon BGL can be made so it will use a different muzzleflash than the one CFS2 normaly uses. ckissling

....about building a BGL that will use a custom Effect for muzzleflash, the answer is no. Guns and Cannon are not BGLs. They are simply hardwired definitions within the sim's DLL. All you can do is define the type of gun or cannon in the DP....gun or cannon, and the sim has the Effect used hardwired from the DLL. :banghead:

DLLs can be opened and edited, but unless you are a near-professional programmer, you will not have any success. :isadizzy:

ckissling
September 27th, 2008, 04:59
Well one thing about it, if you don't ask the question you won't know the answer. Thanks. ckissling

Jaxon
September 28th, 2008, 15:00
HI CKissling,
no need to make a BGL, editing existing files does the work for you, I guess.
I have done this soem time ago and already posted it here (not uploaded, as its a beta)
----------------
From the quick written readme:

Hi, these files change the medium muzzleflash used by the cannon to a larger one.
(By default, the visual effects of the gun and cannon are the same)

Note: All weapons assigned to that effect will show the larger flash now.
That means, for cannons firing to the side, you need to tell the game, to use another effect: The normal small ones!

You can change that in the aircraft.cfg:

[GUNSTATIONS]
gunstation.0=1......

(That 1 behind = means, it looks like a cannonflash)

turn it into 0 and you have the normal flash back again.

(Of course you also need to turn some of the 0 into 1 to show the effect at your cannon entries.

(By default, they are more or less mixed, because both effects actually looked the same yet)

Turning the visual effect into a larger one does not affect the trigger to fire the cannon
(The third figure in the gunstation-line is used for that, use 1 (gun) or 2 (cannon) here)

This is a Beta and will only change the outside effect
It is done by changing figures of the original effect to a larger scale and adjusting the locations of the subeffects.

INSTALLATION
============
+ back up your files, so you can switch back, if you don`t like it.
+ replace the original files in the effect folder
+ change *.dp entries of your plane like described above.

Jaxon
-------------------

Get it here:
=========

Jx_fx_Muzzleflash.zip (http://www.michael-reimer.com/temp/Jx_fx_Muzzleflash.zip)

Jaxon
September 28th, 2008, 15:05
Someone asked me in another thread (forgot who and where) to upload my propeller site again.

I checked and noticed I forgot it last time, its up now - get there via the downloads page in my signature!