PDA

View Full Version : Flight update

Roger
April 3rd, 2012, 10:42
Next time you log on there will be an update to download fixes a few issues but not the reversed hat switch or track IR.

Hughes-MDflyer4
April 3rd, 2012, 18:58
Next time you log on there will be an update to download fixes a few issues but not the reversed hat switch or track IR.

The reversed hat switch is a problem with GFWL, not Flight itself. The Flight Team cannot fix that. And Track IR support is currently in the works.

paiken
April 3rd, 2012, 21:18
Flight is now available on Steam, along with a "discounted starter pack" Hawaii add-on with the Mustang and Maule for $29.99.

Naismith
April 3rd, 2012, 22:22
Wow generous discount eh, two a/c and a bit of scenery? Considering you get the whole world with P3D for the princely sum of $49.00. Just sayin....

Javis
April 4th, 2012, 03:13
Yes, but it doesn't look as nice, feels as nice and performs as nice as Flight does...

Besides you'll never find the time to 'fly the whole world'...

As Dylan already said in 1964 "The Times They Are a'Changing" ...

DaveKDEN
April 4th, 2012, 06:14

Is there a list of fixes (e.g., corrupted installation crash)?

Mikrco
April 4th, 2012, 06:57
Is there a list of fixes (e.g., corrupted installation crash)?

XP Grinder Achievement Fixed

All users who have reached the 500,000 XP required will be awarded this achievement upon next log-in after update.
Additional achievements now awarding properly if user is Level 20 rather than upon the following log-in.

Control and Gameplay Updates

Decreased the amount of trim with each button press on controllers and joysticks; it should be much easier to fine tune glide slope and flight path.
Improved the ability to make small adjustments in flight with joystick and Xbox Controllers through non-linear mapping.
Multiplayer host changing weather will no longer affect other users in missions that have specific weather settings.
Crashing the aircraft while in the cinematic camera no longer causes random effects.

Stability Fixes

Crash when using ALT+TAB during sign-in.
Crash when signing in during intro video.
Game became unresponsive if network connectivity lost.
Crash when changing GFWL presence info.

UI Fixes

P-51 name now shows properly in German.
Aircraft and Region description text now show in the installed language of the game regardless of LIVE profile language settings.
Name of different aircraft variations now displays properly.
In-game DLC offer information downloads and appears much faster.
Added appropriate ratings for CERO and GRB.

Graphics and Settings

Game will now better adjust and set the default graphic settings on high-end PCs.
Users can now override settings in Flight.cfg by setting Custom=1 under section [Configuration].

DaveKDEN
April 4th, 2012, 08:50
XP Grinder Achievement Fixed

All users who have reached the 500,000 XP required will be awarded this achievement upon next log-in after update.
Additional achievements now awarding properly if user is Level 20 rather than upon the following log-in.

Control and Gameplay Updates

Decreased the amount of trim with each button press on controllers and joysticks; it should be much easier to fine tune glide slope and flight path.
Improved the ability to make small adjustments in flight with joystick and Xbox Controllers through non-linear mapping.
Multiplayer host changing weather will no longer affect other users in missions that have specific weather settings.
Crashing the aircraft while in the cinematic camera no longer causes random effects.

Stability Fixes

Crash when using ALT+TAB during sign-in.
Crash when signing in during intro video.
Game became unresponsive if network connectivity lost.
Crash when changing GFWL presence info.

UI Fixes

P-51 name now shows properly in German.
Aircraft and Region description text now show in the installed language of the game regardless of LIVE profile language settings.
Name of different aircraft variations now displays properly.
In-game DLC offer information downloads and appears much faster.
Added appropriate ratings for CERO and GRB.

Graphics and Settings

Game will now better adjust and set the default graphic settings on high-end PCs.
Users can now override settings in Flight.cfg by setting Custom=1 under section [Configuration].

Thanks! Don't see my specific problem, but maybe I'll try to d/l it again.

DaveKDEN
April 4th, 2012, 13:21
Well, it seems to be working for me now. This time I installed to a directory besides the default, so maybe that helped. Hopefully it'll remain stable for me.

Gibbage
April 4th, 2012, 17:15
Flight is now available on Steam, along with a "discounted starter pack" Hawaii add-on with the Mustang and Maule for $29.99.

Considering most aircraft in FSX run 35$ and most AIRPORTS run 30$, its a deal. P3D may have the "whole world" but its not very well detailed. Same for XP. If you want high quality, youll pay for it in any sim you fly.

DaveKDEN
April 4th, 2012, 17:37
"Microsoft Flight has detected a corrupted installation and will now exit"

I'm done with Flight! Won't waste any more time trying to get an inherently unstable program to work.

jandjfrench
April 5th, 2012, 10:31
Hi DaveKDEN,

Having extensively checked various forums regarding Flight it seems that installation problems have not been a big factor.
It seems likely that the any inherent instability is somehow a problem with your system. Perhaps overclocking?

Jim F.

beana51
April 5th, 2012, 11:45
Hi DaveKDEN,..I second that...It must be something with your rig!......Reminds me these past few days...TOTAL FRUSTRATION!...My Panasonic...Showing Too big of a Picture for the screen,Three calls to PANASONIC,Home Office in the Caribbean some where,and Finally The Guy said..try your Cable Company..Of Which I did,and It was finally resolved.....HOW??? I do not know?...which points up to I believe with most Microsoft Games.??...No Body To Talk Too....But Yes my Friend..I share Yer Frustrations...just Think a few years ago how lucky we were not to have all this!...NOT!!!...Cheers!...Vinhttp://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon26.gif

DaveKDEN
April 5th, 2012, 13:15
Hi DaveKDEN,

Having extensively checked various forums regarding Flight it seems that installation problems have not been a big factor.
It seems likely that the any inherent instability is somehow a problem with your system. Perhaps overclocking?

Jim F.

I have my Q6600 o/c'd from 2.4GHz to 3.0 GHz, but it hasn't posed any issues with anything else in the few years since doing so. I now have a fresh install (about 3 weeks) of Win7 Ultimate 64bit with a clean install of FSX on a 10,000rpm HDD. FSX runs fantastic (like I've never seen first hand). I can install Flight and run it a couple of times, but then the error crops up. Had Flight running for quite some time yesterday. Closed out, did some other stuff and ran it again just fine. Closed out again, did some other stuff, then it gives me the error. Don't really see how a simple o/c could cause such issues??? Doesn't matter though, FSX runs great - and I prefer it over the "game" feel of Flight anyway.
Thanks for the suggestion though.

PS: I had FSX running on my previous VISTA installation for years without having to do a single re-install. As stated, now running FSX on Win7 and it's as stable as a brick house built on a concrete foundation.

Merkava
April 5th, 2012, 20:56
Guys. Any chance to do something with flickering shadow in cabin? I hate it. Really hate...

Roger
April 6th, 2012, 02:23
Guys. Any chance to do something with flickering shadow in cabin? I hate it. Really hate...

I've turned shadowing to low but there's still some flickering in vc. I think they've tried a different solution for shadowing as the FsX shadows create quite a frame rate hit.