PDA

View Full Version : New Forum "P3D" possible?

big-mike
April 3rd, 2012, 08:41
My question to the Staff is,if we can get a new Forum for PrePar3D?:jump:
Lots of members are using this Sim and much more will follow,i think.
Michael

stovall
April 3rd, 2012, 09:30
Michael, the power in charge are aware of the request. Roger mentioned this in the past. We shall see what happens. Thanks for bringing up again.

Bomber_12th
April 3rd, 2012, 10:10
I guess the next thing to happen, is you're not considered cool unless you have Prepar3D? ;) (Speaking as one who doesn't have it)

Xilence
April 3rd, 2012, 10:42
Considering that Perpar3d and FSX have a lot in common at this moment, I would say that it is better to have the Prepar3d discussions remain in the FSX section for the time being. Tweaks that work in FSX work in Prepar3d. Settings that can be set in FSX can be set in Prepar3d. Add-ons developed for FSX are also usable in Prepar3d, etc...

Desert Rat
April 3rd, 2012, 11:09
As an outsider firmly in Lionhearts camp, have FSX, don't use it - still fly FS9, hear me out.

I'm considering P3D, but think it's a little early for a separate forum yet. Currently, many FSX users may be very interested in how things are progressing with P3D. Help them make the decision to jump or not? Until the day comes when P3D addons appear that do not work in FSX, there is no real need for a separate forum. I'm sure that will come, hope at that point FSX compatibility is preserved.

just my tupence,
Jamie

PS. John, if your not cool for not having P3D, what does that make me, lol?

Bomber_12th
April 3rd, 2012, 11:33
My post above is of course just kidding around. What I wouldn't like to see happen, is a lot of folks who run FSX, suddenly thinking or feeling pressure that they need to have Prepar3D in order to keep up-to-date on things, where as, as mentioned, anything related to FSX can be related to Prepar3D, and vice-versa. With two seperate forums, I wonder what the level of cross-over would be - 99.9% the exact same discussions and products being talked about on both? Someone could just as easily post a screenshot of FSX in a Prepar3D forum, and claim it is from Prepar3D, and vice-versa/the other way around, and if it didn't have to do with under-water exploration, I can't imagine anyone being able to question that claim at all. I also would want to warn anyone from thinking that you're getting a completely new product by buying one that now claims that it is for Prepar3D only, after already buying it for FSX, or buying it seperately for FSX, as they are going to be exactly one in the same. Of course there is nothing extremely wrong with any of that, but I just use that example to illustrate the clone-like nature of the two platforms.

Roger
April 3rd, 2012, 12:02
I don't have P3D but what fascinates me is how the sim engine could be developed, way past where FsX stopped and by some of the original Aces plus LM gurus. What also excites me is that FsX development will continue to fit both FsXA and P3D...:engel016:

big-mike
April 3rd, 2012, 12:36
Okay,was perhaps not my best idea of the day.:running:
FSX and P3D is the same in most things.
But i like to see,that P3D is a sim in developement and can only become better in a way,
FSX will never be.FSX is done---.
I don`t have P3D,but it`s the future in simming for me.
I cannot buy P3D these days,but i watch with interest the further developement and will buy a license for sure later this year.
Michael

roger-wilco-66
April 3rd, 2012, 12:48
[...]

I'm considering P3D, but think it's a little early for a separate forum yet. Currently, many FSX users may be very interested in how things are progressing with P3D. Help them make the decision to jump or not? Until the day comes when P3D addons appear that do not work in FSX, there is no real need for a separate forum. I'm sure that will come, hope at that point FSX compatibility is preserved.

just my tupence,
Jamie
[...]

Very sensible thinking, IMO. I also think it's too early for that.
Maybe wait until things develop past P3D V2 - that will be a real break point, as far as can be seen now.

Cheers,
Mark

CG_1976
April 3rd, 2012, 14:16
Well we could req the FSX forums get renamed to FSX/Prepar3D as there brothers. Why not FS2002/FS2004 forums are and there combined for many of the same reasons.

Ian Warren
April 3rd, 2012, 14:18
:icon_lol: And i thought it was a new variant of the Lockheed Orion :kilroy: the P3D :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Wing_Z
April 3rd, 2012, 14:27
It is... but this time it flies... ;)

robert41
April 3rd, 2012, 16:04
The only thing Iam concerned about, that I have read in forums, is addons that use an outside of FSX module, such as accusim, will they work in P3D?

CG_1976
April 3rd, 2012, 16:12
1 thing I have found odd is I cant get Kacars free nor VAFS to connect to track with out getting a menu.dll CTD. I'm still reading the SDK and simconnect sections.

olderndirt
April 3rd, 2012, 17:27
:icon_lol: And i thought it was a new variant of the Lockheed Orion :kilroy: the P3D :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:See you save your 'A' material for another forum :icon_lol:.

Lionheart
April 3rd, 2012, 18:40
Considering that Perpar3d and FSX have a lot in common at this moment, I would say that it is better to have the Prepar3d discussions remain in the FSX section for the time being. Tweaks that work in FSX work in Prepar3d. Settings that can be set in FSX can be set in Prepar3d. Add-ons developed for FSX are also usable in Prepar3d, etc...

My thoughts also. I agree.

As an outsider firmly in Lionhearts camp, have FSX, don't use it - still fly FS9, hear me out.

just my tupence,
Jamie

PS. John, if your not cool for not having P3D, what does that make me, lol?

Again, I fully agree. They are nearly the same sim.

Bill

vora
April 4th, 2012, 05:45
From what I've read those two simulators will really part when version 2 of P3D comes out, and that seems like a year away.
Maybe a subcategory like "Acceleration" where infos, questions and tutorials can be collected would be ok.

Ian Warren
April 4th, 2012, 14:02
See you save your 'A' material for another forum :icon_lol:.

I no Dave , but in the land of :sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep: million sheep , I don't want to create an International Incident :kilroy: .... :icon_lol: