PDA

View Full Version : A New Flying car/ bike / trike?

gigabyte
April 3rd, 2012, 02:59
OK so I am not sure exactly what it is, but I know it's darn KWEL!

http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/03/pal-v-dutch-flying-car-successful-maiden-flight/

Dain Arns
April 3rd, 2012, 03:49
"Little Nellie's" granddaughter, all grown up. :icon_lol:

I don't care what some folks will say about it.
If I had the means, I would own one.
Make commuting to work fun. :jump:

Thoe6969
April 3rd, 2012, 04:02
I want one.

Odie
April 3rd, 2012, 09:59
One step closer to THE JETSONS.....

Wing_Z
April 3rd, 2012, 12:51
Must surely be the same designers that brought us the amazing Carver 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H5vqjo9KsI
If you are going for a driver/flyer, I'd take this over the Terrafugia Transition anytime.
How funky is that prop?

Dain Arns
April 3rd, 2012, 14:30
...If you are going for a driver/flyer, I'd take this over the Terrafugia Transition anytime.
How funky is that prop?

Agreed.
It just looks so stylish and sleek. Cool.
Like something requisitioned from 'Q Branch'.
"Try and return it in one piece, Double Oh Seven..." :icon_lol:

ThinkingManNeil
April 3rd, 2012, 14:58
Gyroplanes are SERIOUSLY cool aircraft. They can land to a stop within 1 or 2 rotor diameters, virtually hover in a headwind, are easier to fly than a heli, and the small ones are quicker and more maneuverable than a field mouse at a cat show. But unless that machine has a "jump takeoff" capability -- and even with it -- it's takeoffs will always be restricted to an airstrip of some description. So it'll be a high-end, rich man's weekend toy, but a practical "flying car"? Nope.

N.

Javis
April 3rd, 2012, 16:31
Yesterday the manufacturer, test-pilot, and Martin Schröder (founder of Martin's Air Charter) were present on a popular daily talkshow ( De Wereld Draait Door ) here in the Netherlands to talk about the PAL-V ONE.

The PAL-V ONE is indeed based on the Carver and was developed by Carver Engineering, a sub divison of Carver Europe BV, which actually went bankrupt in 2009 because of too less orders for the Carver.The patents for the superb tilting technology and Carver concept and Carver Engineering were kept out of the bankrupcy.

Chris van den Brink en Harry Kroonen, inventors of the Carver, must've thought that if people don't want to drive the Carver maybe they like to fly it...

I bet that if this proves still not good enough they'll make a small submarine out of it.

A famous dutch saying goes: "De aanhouder wint" ( a perservering person always wins in the end )

Btw, if you have a PPL and some 250.000 Euro to spare you too can have one in your garage in 2014.

cheers,
jan

Lionheart
April 3rd, 2012, 19:48
Sharp little vehicle! I like it! I would want one with doors though.

Thanks for the heads up Mike!

Bill