PDA

View Full Version : fsx helicopter add ons

war.ace
December 23rd, 2008, 15:12
I found this website while looking for collectives

http://64.34.169.161/cgi-bin/ifolio/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Add-ons_-_Helicopters_-_FSX

link fixed

MCDesigns
December 23rd, 2008, 16:14
I have been a member since it started. Had a lot of fun there in the past and it is a great place for info on FS helis.

There isn't much there that is FSX oriented. Many of the members and staff are not real fond of FSX, so they don't show it much support, but there is lots of FS9 info and addons..

Panther353PA
February 13th, 2009, 16:30
Michael makes a vaild point but I think a fairer characterization would be that we were less than thrilled with what FSX did to/did not do for the helicopter community. That disappointment certainly did color our perceptions for a while.

However I think that experience taught us a few things. We are not just about helicopter simulation for Microsoft Flight Simulator. We are open to supporting helicopter simulation on any viable platform. Whether the platform is FS9, FSX, X-Plane, Flight Gear, or some other yet to be created sim, or if you are running on Windows, Mac or Linux, if it supports helicopters it is welcome at Hovercontrol.

Our new mission system, currently in beta, Hovercontrol Missions On Demand (HCMOD), supports both FS9 and FSX with some content for both and some specific to each version.

At this point I would estimate that over half of our user community flys both FS9 and FSX. The other half is divided between FSX only and FS9 only. Then you have a mix of folks that have both of those plus X-Plane 9. The Staff and IPs make up most of the latter category. At this point I spilt my flying/development time between FSX:A and X-Plane 9.

So feel free to stop on by and give us a look. And remember, keep the spinning bits on top!

Regards,
Chris
HC Staff

MCDesigns
February 13th, 2009, 16:48
Thanks for stopping by Chris and for the extra clarification. Hopefully we'll see more of you around here, especially if we ever get an X-Plane forum going! :ernae:

war.ace
February 13th, 2009, 17:16
I'll check out xplane I'll look for a demo for it