PDA

View Full Version : P3D; Have you seen the logbook?

Lionheart
April 1st, 2012, 17:00
I found something pretty cool in P3D this evening.

The logbook in Pilots Records. Impressive. A little bit of realism there. Much better. Departmentalized into sections like multi engine, etc. Then logs for each flight as well.

I like that folding animation of the paper.

Bill

Lionheart
April 1st, 2012, 17:03
For those who havent looked at Pilot Records, this is the old FSX version.

Bill

Meshman
April 1st, 2012, 17:58
I like the old version better... :isadizzy:

But it looks like you jumped in with both feet, Bill. I'll probably get signed up on the DevNet before summer comes around. It's another possible market for add-ons and that's a good thing. IIRC, over at Avsim I saw someone ask about your planes and working in P3D, so maybe a blog post, Facebook or something like that would be of benefit to you?

orionll
April 1st, 2012, 18:26
FSX gives you the same detail and functionality. Just highlight one of the entries in the logbook, then press the "Details..." on the bottom. It'll open a window similar to this one:

http://i.imgur.com/QCP3q.png

Lionheart
April 1st, 2012, 18:37
I like the old version better... :isadizzy:

But it looks like you jumped in with both feet, Bill. I'll probably get signed up on the DevNet before summer comes around. It's another possible market for add-ons and that's a good thing. IIRC, over at Avsim I saw someone ask about your planes and working in P3D, so maybe a blog post, Facebook or something like that would be of benefit to you?

Thanks MeshMan,

I'll post on Facebook LHC that they pretty much all work. Any FSX pure format plane will work in P3D, so all of mine are compliant and 100% formated (that are FSX). FS2004 planes 'do not look good' in P3D. I checked one of mine and it was horrible.

FSX gives you the same detail and functionality. Just highlight one of the entries in the logbook, then press the "Details..." on the bottom. It'll open a window similar to this one:

http://i.imgur.com/QCP3q.png

Thanks Orion for the heads up. I didnt know that. I never got to know FSX intimately as it always drove me BATS!