PDA

View Full Version : P3D, Excursion through the desert alah P40 Flying Tiger

Lionheart
March 31st, 2012, 22:19
Hey all,

I have really been enjoying P3D (new to me) and flying it, just to explore and check it all out. Well, I decided I would do a flight from Burbank California to Palm Springs through the Riverside valley in the stock Maule. Well, that turned into a flight across the desert to Phoenix at 7,000 feet altitude. About half way there, I decided to fly it about 10 feet off the ground between trees and over hills and small mountains, etc. That was brilliant and I thought, what if I did this in the P-40!? So I did. I saved my flight and reloaded the WOP P40 FSX version into FSX and swapped it over to PrePar3D. I found most of the files except the Effects, got them all over, and booted it back up and Voila, I am doing 250 knots between the trees and skimming hills, just like flying an ice speeder over Hoth's icey country sides. WHAT A BLAST!!!!

I finally found Phoenix, located Deer Valley flying up the freeway past North Mountain, decelerated for about a mile (that was hilarious) and put down on runway 27 left, looking out the canopy over the left side of the cowling to catch view of the runway in the beautiful P-40.

Sweet... Not once did the clouds disappear. Not once did the ground 'move' in patches. Schweeeet!

greenie
March 31st, 2012, 22:35
..then add scenery , traffic and heavy clouds .. how do you think it will run then ? :)

OleBoy
April 1st, 2012, 09:06
Like a double shot of espresso for the weary eyed. The whole experience is rejuvenating. :icon_lol:

fsxar177
April 1st, 2012, 10:21
One question:
Flickering runways/taxiways with DX10?

It's good to see you posting FS related photos again Bill. Was worried about ya there for a bit!
Joseph

Lionheart
April 1st, 2012, 10:25
I do not run DX10, cant help. I have Windows XP 32bit and I love that. I will move up to Win7 64 in the near future. I believe DX10 isnt available in XP32 if I am correct. I could be wrong.

From all I have heard, DX10 never performed well. With that, I tend to steer clear of things that deterred frame rates. I need smooth..... Smooth is fast.

Bill

Lionheart
April 1st, 2012, 10:26
One question:
Flickering runways/taxiways with DX10?

It's good to see you posting FS related photos again Bill. Was worried about ya there for a bit!
Joseph

oops... I left out my flight buddy...

Bill