PDA

View Full Version : 44% off all Orbx download products until end of April

OleBoy
March 31st, 2012, 04:21
44% off all Orbx download products at FSS during all of April 2012
Today, 12:04 PM

Posted by staff in Release Announcements
THIS IS THE LAST EVER ORBX SALE!

Use this unique opportunity to complete your Orbx collection. Even if you are planning to move to P3D, grab all the Orbx addons at nearly half price then use our free Orbx P3D Migrator Tool to move them all to Prepar3D at your leisure.

There will never be another chance to purchase the quality of Orbx at these prices, and we're keeping the prices low during the whole month of April to give everyone the chance to take part.

After April we have many other surprises in store for you. Stay tuned! :)

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/index.php

Lionheart
March 31st, 2012, 09:43
SCHWEET!

Now that I have a sim that can run FSX addons 'smoothly' I will be checking out the infamous ORBX scenery.

Nice timing...

Bill

limjack
March 31st, 2012, 16:05
Lets see...pay taxes or get Orbx..pay taxes...Orbx....I think I will get me some Orbx goodies :jump:.

Jim

racartron
March 31st, 2012, 17:08
Soooooooooo glad I delayed getting the full Australia SP4 pack.:applause: Now I not only picked it up but the latest New Zealand South Island offering as well -- for a wee bit less than I was planning to splend for just the big pack.

Now I have to figure out how to get some of those cool airport packages as well. At least I have a month to come up with the coins.:cowboy:

kjb
March 31st, 2012, 21:11
As an amateur scenery guy, I've been meaning to pick up a few of them and did today. They do add some impressive details. The research and photography must be quite a task. The emphasis on the details really shows.

heywooood
March 31st, 2012, 21:29
I can't fly FSX without FTX - Thanks to the OP for the HU and link - and thanks again to FTX crew for the sale and the SP5 for FTX NA

PHo17
April 1st, 2012, 01:11
I can't get even the ORBX demos work. How could I use their payware?

I have installed FTX AI. It did make the aircraft and traffic file folders, but on the FTX AI Control Panel there is everything grey and nothing works. However I got the traffic work manually.

Then I tried the Pacific Northwest Demo v.2 w/KHQM. Once again the setup program made the folders necessary ok (I think), but when I start the FTX Central it freezes and nothing work once again. It doesn't even load the pictures on the window. I looked also the scenery.cfg and there ware no changes either. I didn't try to install this manually because I don't know what it needes and in which order, so I used the Uninstall_Demo program. It did stuck (freeze) too!

I hate these setup programs where there isn't any option to install the scenery manually, Then I'd know where to put and what. If there ware even an option to choose the folder where to install (and copy the whole thing from there).

Possibly there is something in my system that prevents the setup program to work properly? Or what do I do wrong?

Here is the system:

An ordinary 2 years old PC (4 core Intel i7 CPU, 2.8 MHz, 4 GB (2 memory channels), 1 TB HDD, Radeon 5850)
Windows 7 Pro (64bit) Finnish version
FSX installed on logical drive D: (C: is for the OS)
I am using the FSX as administrator (as well while installing programs)
In FSX I have REX, FS water configurator, Bojotes tweaks in the fsx.cfg, fsx.exe.limiter v.0.2 and a lot of addons (airplanes, AI and sceneries mostly freeware - the total size just exceeded 200 GB)

Pekka

crashaz
April 1st, 2012, 15:02
Holy moly.... this is going to be an expensive FS addon month.

Dexdoggy
April 2nd, 2012, 17:08
My bank balance just went :pop4:
Absolutely awesome offer; already picked up Orcas, Anacortes, Goheen and Cushman...

OleBoy
April 2nd, 2012, 17:34
The price is right. I'm going to pick up a few anyway. I just need to decide which. :icon_lol:

Cag40Navy
April 2nd, 2012, 22:02
I just went nuts... I dont know whats happend... this sale popped up and soon i was out of spending money.... :icon29::icon30:

CBris
April 2nd, 2012, 22:34
"You dirty rotten swine! You dedded me." Well - my CC perhaps (and just out of curiosity - and WITHOUT Google :icon_lol: - who remembers that phrase? Who said it?)

Geomitrak
April 2nd, 2012, 22:40
Bluebottle, in The Goons.

CBris
April 2nd, 2012, 23:06
Ying tong iddle I po! Now, Bloodnok, pass my your credit card, sir, so that I may buy some more addons...

Murray Cod
April 4th, 2012, 22:21
thanks for the HU - you have just cost me $22 Aussie

dvj
April 4th, 2012, 22:30
And I just paid full price for NZSI and Alice Springs just a short time ago. :isadizzy::pop4:

Gdavis101
April 5th, 2012, 12:00
I tried the demo last night a fully realized what I have been missing! Want to the buy the full version of PNW for Prepar3d and I do not want to install it to FSX. Can I just install it into Prepar3d without any issues?

OleBoy
April 5th, 2012, 12:15
This may answer your question. Then again, maybe not. Last I read was here. http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/index.php

Gdavis101
April 5th, 2012, 12:21
I have read through that, thank you. But, I just need to know if a newly purchased copy of PNW FTX scenery would just install into P3D without any hassles or does it require FSX? I don't want it on my FSX installation so the migration patch would not work for me. I am assuming that the scenery would just install if directed towards the P3D folder, but I want to make sure before buying. I looked through several different forums but there is no talk of this, mainly because I waited so ******* long to go to the Orbyx stuff.

Thanks!

OleBoy
April 5th, 2012, 12:27
I tried the standard install to the Prepar3d directory. My install (dated) does not do it. And there is no option to browse to the location. My only option was the SBSL gadget.

Gdavis101
April 5th, 2012, 12:43
That is what I was afraid of. Thank you for trying! After spending most of the day with P3D and PNW I think I am just going to buy it, install it to FSX and cross license it ( I just wanted to leave my FSX the way it is, but hopefully I can just turn it off there).. I don't think I can live without!!!!

expat
April 6th, 2012, 01:04
I would like to get P3D but am very confused on how the Orbx scenery transfers over - or doesn't and whether one therefore needs to pay for each scenery twice if you have it already for FSX. Also stupidly bought in the sale Pacific Fjords forgetting I had bought it last year (LOL!). Have asked the FlightsimStore for a credit but they are not responding - probably not a high priority for them . .

vora
April 6th, 2012, 05:23
They are working on a P3D migration tool, and all "Side-by-Side-Licenses" are free and directly downloadable now.
See this announcement (http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/43575-download-all-free-sbsls-including-new-pfj-from-here/page__view__findpost__p__381748).

vonstroheim
April 7th, 2012, 09:48
Thanks Orbx, very nice Alice Spring YBAS scenery... Fits nicely with my Australian Captain Sim 767-300...

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/766410767inYBAS.jpg

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/711955R22inYBAS.jpg

Default Robinson R22 OrbX Orange by Aussiecop (www.aussiex.org)

Frame rates are very good with the R22, not so good with the 767 but that's a known CS 767 issue... I swapped some JustFlight 757 Freemium gauges and switched to the "light" VC option and it's much better now...

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/871403767vc.jpg

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/3272797672d.jpg