PDA

View Full Version : DX10 for XP

dandog
March 30th, 2012, 18:40
Hello All,

Not everyone has an I7 CPU and the latest Windows operating system. I know I don't. However, I did find a non M$ DX10 upgrade to run on Windows XP. Its great! The difference is amazing. I was able to fly Uncle Miltons AC 520 and Ito's Accord without incident. I have not experienced the usual DX10 issues. The textures are awesome. AND, I do not have a DX10 preview box to click or unclick. I am running XP, service pack 3. (Vista is a nightmare/bloatware and apparently Windows 7 will be soon replaced by Windows 8. I did not use Windows ME or Windows Millenium, both not worth the money). When Microsoft can make an OS as good as 98SE or XP, I'll upgrade. Yet I digress. DX10 on XP is possible and awesome!!!

Paul Anderson
March 31st, 2012, 08:32
Can you please advise as to what it's called and perhaps where may be found?
A year or two ago I found something similar, but turned out to just hype.
If the real article has been created, that would be great.
Thanks.

dandog
March 31st, 2012, 15:48
The program I found and installed is DirectX10 RC2 Fix 3-Pre-Final. Its apparently Russian?. Checked my fsx.cfg and sure enough, it had the entry dx10=0. http://alkyproject.blogspot.com/. It lists as freeware can be downloaded from a million sites. Install at your own risk. I did not have any issues.

Paul Anderson
March 31st, 2012, 16:26
Looks like the same as I saw a few years ago, think I'll pass.
Can't find any reviews by a reputable source, just talk of trojans and snake oil salesmen.
Glad if it works for you, I can't take the risk. Will wait until my next operating system to get the real deal.
Thanks anyway.