PDA

View Full Version : Flighthours lost due to FSX crashes.....

Warrant
March 30th, 2012, 14:18
Today i reached a memorable 1000 hours lost due to FSX crashes....

My total hours are around 3850. This excludes the numbers of flight hours not logged or deleted due to FSX crashes.
You must know what i'm talking about; You fly for about 4 or 5 hours and all over sudden the screen whitenes up with the much feared " Flight sim does not respond anymore". Since i started with FSX i kept a rough log of these hours lost, and today i reached 1000!
Wonder if MS has designed a special icon or reward for that one as well..........:blind:

JIMJAM
March 30th, 2012, 15:39
Congrats I guess ???????????

Wow you must love self punishment. Some numbers I care not knowing or being reminded of.......

But it does add up. I loaded a Las Vegas scenery 2 days ago and spent at least 3 hours total trying to figure out why I was getting duplicate runways overlapping.

The truly astronomical number wasted with flight sims are those spent TWEEKING.:isadizzy: Mine has to be into the years by now. Many,many late nights with red eyes running back and forth betreen tweeks and seeing their results.

Thankfully I have grown older, wiser,mellowed out and do not chase that Holy grail setup like I use to. That said I still cannot FORCE myself to turn off the FPS counter. Ive GOT to see it!!!

The secret is to not use exotic customized hardware thats overclocked and overly tweeked. Overkill is not your friend. MSFS like shelf bought components and basic setups. Sure you can fire up a Ferrari system and feed it FSX but there is a great chance of it being nothing more that a major pita. I found a middle of the road performance system and FSX is happy. If it aint broke..............

stansdds
March 31st, 2012, 05:39
This is why I don't use the resident flight logbook in FS9 or FSX. I log my hours in a spreadsheet. No more lost hours.

Warrant
March 31st, 2012, 16:19
And yet another long haul gone banana's! this time due to me accidently selecting a hidden licence-file instead of the GPS as a pop-up in flight (ALS-SIM Flanker)......
These kind of mishaps also make me loose a lot of time and suffer a lot of frustration.

Dev's; stop putting licence file-things into the :censored: panel...PLEASE!