PDA

View Full Version : C-46 Commando has no textures

Wombat
March 29th, 2012, 12:44
I hope I'm posting this to the right place. I've been tearing my hair out for the last week trying to get the textures to show up on the CalClassics C-46 Commando. I've installed the plane from 3 different installers from 3 different places and the results are the same, an all gray plane, inside and out, no gauges, no VC. Now the same plane installs perfectly in FS9, but as it says that it's FSX compatible I'd really like to fly it in FSX. And quite frankly I'm totally perplexed as to why the exact same set of files and folders works in one sim and not in the other. I mean we're talking simple drag and drop, all default skins, no messing with cfgs or nothing and all I'm getting is a gray plane. I've searched everywhere I could think of to find the answer to this problem, so this forum is my last hope, and any help is greatly appreciated.

kilo delta
March 29th, 2012, 14:19
Are you running DX10 mode? If so, thats your problem...switch to DX9 :)

Wombat
March 29th, 2012, 16:03
Are you running DX10 mode? If so, thats your problem...switch to DX9 :) That solved it. Thanks. So what is the point of having this sim set to run at DX10 again?

Lionheart
March 29th, 2012, 16:14
Hey Wombat,

It only works with DDS textures if I am correct, and with FSX pure models. DDS textures help though.

Why DX10? lol.... I notice that its not used much and the new games that are coming out are OpenGL based which can run in Apple and Linux, so maybe DX is on the downswing.

kilo delta
March 30th, 2012, 01:19
That solved it. Thanks. So what is the point of having this sim set to run at DX10 again?

Many people see much greater FPS when using DX10 (Preview) mode. However, it's somewhat buggy, leading to in game graphical issues such as flashing textures etc. Generally, running almost any port over aircraft (ie. those not compiled with the FSX SDK) under DX10 will lead to missing textures. There's one or two exceptions but these are rare.