PDA

View Full Version : **VALLEY OF SPEED** - Wide-screen, HD

fsxar177
March 29th, 2012, 01:00
Just a little something short and sweet, to get the day started.

Watch in HD, and turn it up!

Joseph

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6BLFfM2l-4

Smashing Time
March 29th, 2012, 05:38
Wow- that 38 must have had Red Bull in its tanks to come from behind and pass to Mustangs! :icon_lol:
Well Done!

:kilroy:

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
March 30th, 2012, 06:09
That brings back memories , spent a lot of good times turning left at 4SD racing with the gang from props at WestCoastATC, always Mustangs , it would be a gas to do that in FSX , pit the Modern P38 version against the K version we did in ten laps at Reno , I will be happy to meet you on the SOH server anytime ! (after a few practice laps ), barely ever get out of slew mode some weeks making these planes , its nice to get to use them once in a while .

fsxar177
March 30th, 2012, 08:24
Good-day
I must say, I was pouring it on in that '38 on the 3rd lap. The video doesn't show, but it didn't last. Had to pull-out.

Each of those aircraft are somewhat evenly matched in FSX. The Bearcat will run away, however it cant handle more than 2-3 laps at full power.

With the Bearcat, I was able to do some laps right at around 370 (using the new calculation methods for Reno) Well within reason, in comparison to real-world speeds of semi-stock cats.

Have not computed many laps with the '38, but it's a bit slower, maybe 350's tops. Which again, is within reason.

The stocker WBS mustang will over-boost for a lap or two, and make heads turn. But I find I have to tune it down, and run within specs to keep her healthy for a race.

The Griffon Spit is quick, but I'm not so sure it's a little slow. However, I need to run a few hot-laps with minimum fuel loads, and see if I can crank up the MP. It might approach 380's for lap speeds, not sure.

I have a few pace-laps put together with Conrad's T-33, in fsrecorder. They can be played as traffic during a multiplayer session, so that we can form up for the start. This takes practice, but It adds a lot to the feel of realism for the racing.

the SOH server, with fshost, yields the jumpies while in close formation. For just a few of us, we could host locally, and connect direct IP. Then use teamspeak.

I'm working on a better approach for this, as well as once again being able to utilize race-tracking/results and validation.

Private Message me sometime, and we'll go racing.

Joseph