PDA

View Full Version : I'm back...

Brian_Gladden
October 3rd, 2008, 03:35
No internet for two weeks, really !@#$%^&

Anyway, As some of you know from my post before the crash. My girlfriend was found to have a tumor behind her left eye.

A biopsy was done and it was found not to be malignant. She goes in for surgery in a few hours to have it removed. Not sure of her recovery time however.

And in a sign of less than perfect timing, I start my new Job on Saturday.

It's part time and temporary but it's better than nothing. Ironically, the same guy who owns the company I start work for, owns the company I used to work for...

Brian

lifejogger
October 3rd, 2008, 03:53
That is good news about your girl friend I am sure that is a big relief for her and you that it was not cancer. I pray that the surgery goes well and the recover is quick. Good luck on the new job and hopefully you will find something permanent soon.

Cazzie
October 3rd, 2008, 04:34
Good news on that tumor Brian, Gob bless.

And congrats on the job, that's what I keep bilking into the heads of all these economy watchdogs: "Where are the jobs you took away?". The problem with the economy is more than Wall St. Bring back the employment for Americans to make a living and you will see more consumer spending and there will be much less "bad" loans. A person without a job cannot pay on a loan, as my poppa always told me, you can't squeeze blood from a turnip!

Caz

jmig
October 3rd, 2008, 04:39
Glad to hear the good news about your girlfriend. My best to her.

Good luck with the new job. May it lead to bigger and better things.

wombat666
October 3rd, 2008, 09:35
All things considered that is pretty good news Brian.
Best of luck to you both.
:applause:

Lionheart
October 3rd, 2008, 10:09
Thats awesome news Brian. I hope all goes well with her surgery and that your Job goes great and is a real blessing.

I pray your girlfriend heals up swiftly and miraculously.

Bill

Brian_Gladden
October 3rd, 2008, 16:06
Change of plans.... They went in today and did a deep biopsy. The doc's are pretty sure that it is now the big C. However they are very confident that it is treatable due to the early detection and that it already responds to drug treatment.

We get the results next week... Keep your fingers toes etc crossed.

Brian

Dain Arns
October 3rd, 2008, 16:19
Power of prayer! I will pray again tonight for you and your girlfriend. Very good news to hear! :applause:

Panther_99FS
October 3rd, 2008, 16:20
Good news on that tumor Brian, Gob bless.

:engel016::engel016::engel016:

mike_cyul
October 3rd, 2008, 17:47
Will keep everything crossed. Best wishes for a fast recovery.

Mike

cheezyflier
October 3rd, 2008, 19:26
Power of prayer! I will pray again tonight for you and your girlfriend. Very good news to hear! :applause:

amen!

OBIO
October 3rd, 2008, 20:12
Brian

You and your girl have my prayers for sure. About 10 weeks ago, a tumor was found in my wife's big ol' head, a tumor that was bigger than any of its type that the neurosurgeon had ever seen or read any write up about. Luckily, it was non-cancerous. Deb's recovery has been steady but slow, but she recently had a pretty substantial set back due to a faulty shunt (drain tube) that allowed too much brain fluid to collect and cause some swelling and pressure in her brain. That was fixed yesterday in surgery number 4, and she is on the mend again. She still has a looooooong road ahead of her, but she will get there in time.

It's good that the tumor was found early as that increases the likelihood of it being treatable and beatable. There have been so many advances in cancer treatment and neurosurgery that it is amazing what can be done these days.

OBIO

luckydog
October 3rd, 2008, 20:18
Don't want to sound like a broken record.....................
but think POSITIVE !!! Glad your back !

luckydog
October 3rd, 2008, 21:36
Brian

You and your girl have my prayers for sure. About 10 weeks ago, a tumor was found in my wife's big ol' head, a tumor that was bigger than any of its type that the neurosurgeon had ever seen or read any write up about. Luckily, it was non-cancerous. Deb's recovery has been steady but slow, but she recently had a pretty substantial set back due to a faulty shunt (drain tube) that allowed too much brain fluid to collect and cause some swelling and pressure in her brain. That was fixed yesterday in surgery number 4, and she is on the mend again. She still has a looooooong road ahead of her, but she will get there in time.

It's good that the tumor was found early as that increases the likelihood of it being treatable and beatable. There have been so many advances in cancer treatment and neurosurgery that it is amazing what can be done these days.

OBIO

:applause::applause::applause:

Brian_Gladden
October 6th, 2008, 10:36
An update...

Rose is feeling better due to the med's she's on. I'm plum tuckered out and sore. After almost 5 months of sitting on my behind, working two 12 hour shifts in a VERY large warehouse picking coffee orders damn near kicked my behind. One of the guys I worked with said he once did 13 miles in a 10 hour shift according to his pedometer. I believe it. After the 1/2 hour drive home I could barely get out of the car. Everything hurt. Still does today too...

Here's a schematic of where I work... I wander the spaces between the stack's pulling boxes of coffee. Chasing the little flashing lights that tell me what and how many to put on the belts.

Brian

http://www.diamondphoenix.com/images/systems/systemDrawing3_lg.jpg

Railrunner130
October 6th, 2008, 12:06
Glad to hear things are turning around for you Brian!

All that walking will do you some good in the long run. (no pun intended)

Green Mountain Coffee aye? Cool. Their Pumpkin Spice always goes over well around here this time of year.

Brian_Gladden
October 6th, 2008, 13:49
Green Mountain Coffee aye? Cool. Their Pumpkin Spice always goes over well around here this time of year.

No kidding, I think I pulled two pallets worth of that flavor yesterday :banghead:

The Ironic part of all of this is that The founder of Green Mountain Coffee Roasters is also the same guy who owns Heritage Flight where I used to work...

gigabyte
October 6th, 2008, 16:58
Brian, prayers and best wishes from the great white north for you and your better half. A little note of encouragement I personally know 3 people who have gone through treatment for tumors on or around the optical nerve and all 3 are doing great. The key as with any tumor is early detection and prompt treatment.

"Ears Hopin" a quick recovery is the order of the day!

wombat666
October 6th, 2008, 23:01
An update...
Rose is feeling better due to the med's she's on. Brian

Mate,
It is very good to have the correct early diagnosis and know what you both are dealing with.
Without going into detail, I'm into week 6 of an 8 week course of radiation, 5 days a week, but at least I get weekends off!
With early detection and surgery there's every chance that the cells will have been confined and not had a chance to invade other areas.
Once you accept the word 'Cancer' as a reality it becomes easier to deal with.
The phrase 'Cancer is a word, not a sentence' is one I keep firmly in mind.
You both have my best wishes and positive thoughts.
Best.
:kilroy:

Brian_Gladden
October 9th, 2008, 18:03
Bad news.... Rose does indeed have cancer. We're scheduled to be at the hospital tomorrow morning for additional tests as well as her first dose of chemo.

Things are going to get tight. I'm only working part time on weekends, Rose's disability only gives her half pay. We're down to one car and it's not even really winter yet.

Can someone please give me the winning Powerball numbers?

Brian

N2056
October 9th, 2008, 18:11
Brian,

I am very sorry about the recent turn of events. I will offer a special prayer for you & Rose tonight. I sense that you are a strong person, and that is good for both of you.

God Bless,
Robert