PDA

View Full Version : Coming soon; LHC Diamond DA40

Lionheart
March 27th, 2012, 11:33
Hey all,

Some work in progress screenshots of our new baby, about 50% done.

The sleek Diamond DA40 XLS Edition.

Bill
LHC

big-mike
March 27th, 2012, 11:40
Very nice,Bill!:applause:
Michael

CG_1976
March 27th, 2012, 12:11
One of my favorite aircraft Bill and one I'll for sure purchase:icon29:. She'll get her prop and gears worked out like the Kodiak.

YoYo
March 27th, 2012, 14:42
Nice info! Im owner of good model of Iris too but LHC product is nessesery too.
Looks promising.

Cag40Navy
March 27th, 2012, 14:50
Awesome job!

kjb
March 27th, 2012, 15:16
That's beautiful. I want :applause:

Lionheart
March 27th, 2012, 17:08
Nice info! Im owner of good model of Iris too but LHC product is nessesery too.
Looks promising.

Its funny you mention that. I found out Iris had made one 'after' I was about half done... arrgh.

Victory103
March 27th, 2012, 22:22
LHC,
Looks really nice, using the stock G1000 set up?

T6flyer
March 27th, 2012, 23:41
Looking very good indeed. I have a little bit of DA40 time (and DA42), so shall look forward to its release. Always feel better flying something in the sim, that have experienced in real life....sort of then know what I'm meant to be doing....properly!! :)

Martin

Lionheart
March 28th, 2012, 02:03
LHC,
Looks really nice, using the stock G1000 set up?

I plan to add some realism features to my Garmins.

Bill
LHC

Skyhawk_310R
March 30th, 2012, 16:46
Bill,

Just curious, are you planning this DA-40 with the diesel engines or the Lycming engines that I recall Diamond went to?

Ken

Lionheart
March 30th, 2012, 18:40
Hey Ken,

This will be standard petrol. A variant could be created in the future but would have a different cowling, controls and performance. For now, this is the XLS standard production model.

I believe the engine is called the Austir on the newest selection of diesel propulsion. Sounds like a pretty solid, well proven engine from all the commotion going on. I wonder what they sound like inside the cockpit when they are in flight? Surely they have some rattle/vibration to them.

Bill

Skyhawk_310R
March 31st, 2012, 15:03
Personally, I would prefer the Lycoming engine also. I know there were some issues with the previous supplier of the diesel engines, but given you posted the new supplier's name it seems you are aware of the latest developments on that.

Cheers,

Ken

Lionheart
April 1st, 2012, 10:36
Hey Ken,

Yep. I guess the main bad thing with the former diesels were the control boxes for them. There was a particular 'event' on take-offs with weather data being read, engines at max, taking off, that caused something to happen and the engines would shut down or go to idle. It was a very difficult bug in the software or firmware (from what I remember reading) that caused this. They have now since gone to Auster or Austir (however its spelled) and its looking like a very sweet, dependable powerplant. The line of engines have already been dispersed through the various airframe ranges and also some companies in the world are offering Auster switch-outs.

They are on top of things. Pretty slick company.

Bill