PDA

View Full Version : This is pretty cool!

David_L6
March 26th, 2012, 15:17
I've never ordered a vehicle before. I've always bought one that they had on the lot or they went to another dealership to get what I wanted. This time I had to order to get what I want - 1/2 ton crew cab Silverado with Max Trailering Package ( 6.2L engine, automatic locking rear differential, Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, 9.5" rear axle, 3.73 rear axle ratio, and a few other things ). GM has an online tracking system so you can watch the progress of the order.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/6194/truckordertracking.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/truckordertracking.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Odie
March 27th, 2012, 12:27
Nice! Congrats on the new vehicle. I've known a couple of people that have ordered cars (both from the dealer (back in the 70s) and via the 'Net). I went to high school with a guy whose father worked for
GM and for his Senior year, he ordered a Chevelle with the Heavy Chevy package and a few extras. Build time was about 6 weeks and when he got word that his car would be delivered at the dealership at
midnight, he went down and watched it roll off of the truck and then he spent the night with it in the Chevy dealership's holding pen!

You've ordered and now comes the anticipation, made even better by being able to check the progress!

Roadburner440
March 27th, 2012, 12:40
Congrats on the new vehicle! These things can sneek up on you too. We ordered a Nissan on February 22nd, and told it would take 3-6 months to get here. Well it arrived at the dealership last Wednseday (surprise!).. So we wound up picking it up early. 30 days from ordering till it hit the dealership is not bad at all... I tell you what it is certaintly a different experience when you order a car, and then go pick it up. The process seems to go so much smoother/easier. Just be sure to pre-negotiate everything, and that will make pickup day a lot better. No less than 2 hours after walking in the door the papers were signed, and we were gone. They pre-detailed the car the night before so no waiting.

Daveroo
March 27th, 2012, 14:33
my nieghbor ordered a dodge V10 pickup when they were brand new..his was the first one to be sold in northern california ( according to him),but he did it throough the dealership.took a certin amount of time ect,,,thing is..one of his friends in AA worked at the dodge dealer,and a white V10 ram came in..and the owner started driving the truck as a personal truck...the friend decided to take a look at the vin and check it....it was larrys truck....the dealer decided not to tell larry the truck had come in..then use it for a month as a "show vehicle" and then was going to turn back the odomiter and then turn it over to larry...so larry went to the DA's office and filed a complaint....turned out..he was allready under investigation for this very thing amoung other things....the owner of the dealership went to jail along with his wife for multiple felonies..and dodge gave larry a brand new truck...