PDA

View Full Version : C90 Update

SeanTK
March 26th, 2012, 13:37
From Facebook a few hours ago:

C90 King Air FSX status:

-It is in the last stage of Beta testing. Good feedback so far.
-Still working on manuals, lighting effects and details.

Should be ready soon.

This is regarding Carenado's upcoming model for FSX, and yes, the dreaded "soon" word!
For those that haven't checked on it in a few weeks, they have images available of the cockpit night lighting now.
I'm betting we'll see it two weeks from now. Any takers? :)

Looking forward to it!

AusWilko
March 26th, 2012, 13:56
Nice, as of Thursday I am gone for 2 weeks so it might be out by the time I get back :mixedsmi:

YoYo
March 30th, 2012, 12:57
New screenies!

http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Portal/index.php
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.283032255106929.65203.129839447092878&type=3

Looks like close to release.

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/528998_283032558440232_129839447092878_644342_1396 624191_n.jpg

hae5904
March 30th, 2012, 13:01
Great news! Finally a native C90.

Cheers,
Hank

SeanTK
March 30th, 2012, 15:17
Nice looking Avidyne system in the center there!

ryanbatc
March 30th, 2012, 15:18
Here's a big hope for RXP 430W integration. It would fit perfectly in that spot under the EX500.

stansdds
March 30th, 2012, 15:28
I understand it's in its final beta testing stage.

The screen shots look really, really nice.

JIMJAM
March 30th, 2012, 15:30
Jeeez Bout time :icon_eek:

One of the most popular and best civilian aircraft ever made and except for the FS9 Flight1 model that was put out eons ago nobody touched it.
The Kingair was my first "big" plane I flew for hire. Great all around and a pleasure to operate and fly. Out of 10 large private hangers at my home base. 7 are Kingairs. The rest are Citations and one Lear.
Been waiting for this since, uumm...... gas was a buck 50.

stansdds
March 30th, 2012, 15:33
Jeeez Bout time :icon_eek:

One of the most popular and best civilian aircraft ever made and except for the FS9 Flight1 model that was put out eons ago nobody touched it.
The Kingair was my first "big" plane I flew for hire. Great all around and a pleasure to operate and fly. Out of 10 large private hangers at my home base. 7 are Kingairs. The rest are Citations and one Lear.
Been waiting for this since, uumm...... gas was a buck 50.

Oh, just a few weeks? Bwahahaha!!!!

I've been using the AFG B300 ported to FSX. It's good, but not perfect in FSX SP2-Accel. I'm thinking the Carenado C90 will find a home on my computer.

Victory103
March 31st, 2012, 01:11
Same here standds, using both the AFG model and the ISDT with the Friendly Panels VC inside. My FSX hangar is ready for the C90, outstanding screenies so far.

Felixthreeone
April 6th, 2012, 08:35
FOr those of you who do not use Facebook, I decided to pass on the update which was posted today by carenado:

"C90B King Air FSX News.

We are estimating for April 10th (next Tuesday) the release of C90B King Air HD Series for FSX.

It is almost finished. Just working on details of the final package"

pbearsailor
April 6th, 2012, 09:12
FOr those of you who do not use Facebook, I decided to pass on the update which was posted today by carenado:"C90B King Air FSX News.We are estimating for April 10th (next Tuesday) the release of C90B King Air HD Series for FSX.It is almost finished. Just working on details of the final package"

That's very good news. I have probably looked forward to this one personally as much as any plane, maybe since Dan's Long EZ that included the one I built.

Most of my flying career was in various King Airs and they are all great airplanes. I was lucky enough to fly the one in the picture for almost ten years, nearly every day. The King Air 90 is my favorite out of all the planes I've flown. It isn't the best at anything it does, but it is totally honest and you know exactly what it will do, all the time. Great airstair door and lots of room inside for the passengers, and on the flying side it is pretty good at just about anything. Lots of good memories for me in these things.

cheers,
steve

mjrhealth
April 6th, 2012, 13:09
I remember complaining about gas when it got to 49c pl here in aus, might get this one too.

Felixthreeone
April 6th, 2012, 13:10
Well Steve, I am going to purchase this the SECOND it goes on sale...but I am hoping to see your thoughts on it, as you clearly have a significant amount of time in it; The avionics will clearly be different, but i hope you can give us a bit of input on the FDE, which is being done by Bernt Stolle, who is the wizard of FS flight dynamics. I am really looking forward to it, and can't wait to plop my realityXP Garmin in there and go fly some serious WAAS approaches

JIMJAM
April 6th, 2012, 15:37
"We are estimating for April 10th (next Tuesday) the release of C90B King Air HD Series for FSX."

My birthday is April 10th.:applause:

hint hint.

HINT HINT

H I N T------------------- H I N T ;)

bstolle
April 6th, 2012, 23:37
Well Steve...but i hope you can give us a bit of input on the FDE, which is being done by Bernt Stolle

I made the FDE with Steves help and input and he did test the C90 FDE (with the default 350) extensively.
As he likes the result a lot I'd say that the C90 will be spot on, FDE wise, from day one.
For the rest I have no idea as Carenado didn't even care to send me a finished or even complete model :(

snowbird552
April 7th, 2012, 01:09
Look forward to flying her! Hopefully they'll send you one on release day :kilroy:

pbearsailor
April 7th, 2012, 06:28
I made the FDE with Steves help and input and he did test the C90 FDE (with the default 350) extensively. As he likes the result a lot I'd say that the C90 will be spot on, FDE wise, from day one.

I do look forward to flying it while looking like a 90 instead of the default 350. It flies as close as a C90 can fly in FSX IMHO. Was a pleasure giving input to Bernt as well.

cheers,

steve