PDA

View Full Version : Good comparison video against MS Flight

Lionheart
March 24th, 2012, 17:50
This is good.

Comparison of Flight to XP10.

http://www.x-plane.com/2012/03/microsft-flight-vs-msfx-vs-x-plane-10-comparison-video/?AFFID=83402

Bill

bstolle
March 24th, 2012, 22:59
Speaks volumes about the 'ultra-realistic' simulator if the only comparison Austin makes in this video is the car traffic ;)

Roger
March 25th, 2012, 14:55
I think it's a fair comparison. If you get very low in Flight some of the suburban/urban ground textures are not so good. I liked the traffic noise too. However it seems that in XP you don't have a spot option of gradual transition. I was close to removing Flight from my pc until I discovered the camera.cfg entries and enabled the GT view.

Lionheart
March 26th, 2012, 08:35
Speaks volumes about the 'ultra-realistic' simulator if the only comparison Austin makes in this video is the car traffic ;)

I was watching the houses and Autogen. Those little American homes looked brilliant. I also like the non cluttered look.

I just hate the interface system of XP10. Horrible... If only they could adapt the FS keyboard system as an option, it would then be a 'seamless' and instantaneous cross over......

Quebec_01
April 3rd, 2012, 22:34
Was impressed by the demo, as it wasn't the case with FSX. I got tons of nice addons on my FS9 :ernae:
Downloading is going well, shoud be about 1hr total :icon_eek:
Can't wait to try it here, I got another (facepalm) pretty decent puter last summer. Basically 1 every 2,5 years since 1990

If it runs well and has "realistic" flight, I'll most likely buy it and go water bomb forests fires.
I hope the Chicoutimi (CYBG-CYRC) area looks inhabited lol.
I did try the X-Plane demo about 8 to 10 years ago. It had some nice features back then, like icy runways :snowman:

Will post 1st impressions in... 24'ish hours

:salute: Q

* I will need a new solid flight control system. My ole faithfull Thrustmater Top Gun is dying.:isadizzy:

Devildog73
April 7th, 2012, 04:04
I have installed X-plane 9 and tried to install add-on aircraft and scenery to no avail. I must be missing something, because I followed the instructions, which seemed very simple. None work. I have the original install with no buildings at any airports, and only the original aircracft.

Then, there is the limited number of downloads per day from their website for add-ons. X-plane is much too difficult so far for an older guy like me to be willing to mess with.

So far, I will stay with FS9.