PDA

View Full Version : PSS Vulcan - Bomb-bay Door Key

Seahawk72s
March 24th, 2012, 14:54
I reinstalled my PSS Vulcan to FSX Sp2 and find I can't open the bomb-bay doors.
The doc says to use "Shift - W" which has no effect and is not mapped in FSX.
I tried associating it with the Concorde Visor, still no luck.

Any suggestions would be appreciated..
thanks...!

Ferry_vO
March 24th, 2012, 15:01
The old Fs9 water rudder command (Shift+w) doesn't work when the model is ported over to FsX, somewhere the code for that animation was changed I think.. Models made for FsX can have a working animation linked to shift+w. Don't think there's a fix for that.

Roger
March 24th, 2012, 17:05
The PSS model is very old now (originally for Fs2002) but there is a great model from IRIS that fulfills all my Vulcan needs.

Seahawk72s
March 24th, 2012, 17:33
The old Fs9 water rudder command (Shift+w) doesn't work when the model is ported over to FsX, somewhere the code for that animation was changed I think.. Models made for FsX can have a working animation linked to shift+w. Don't think there's a fix for that.

Thanks..!

nazca_steve
March 24th, 2012, 19:50
I've said it about six million times on this forum, but please give the Paul Foster model for FS2004 a look in. The FDE needs work, but there is a revised version over at Britsim which works. The exterior models are brilliant, totally underrated for freeware.

kilo delta
March 25th, 2012, 03:37
The PSS model is very old now (originally for Fs2002) but there is a great model from IRIS that fulfills all my Vulcan needs.

Yep..another +1 on the Iris version. In fact I couldn't sleep last night so wound up taking XM607 on an ultra low level practice bombing mission from Groom to KEDW at 4:30am this morning! :D

Bone
March 25th, 2012, 05:32
Yep the Iris one is awesome. Although, you could call it a Milviz model and still be correct.

warchild
March 25th, 2012, 13:37
Yep the Iris one is awesome. Although, you could call it a Milviz model and still be correct.

You guys have NO idea how happy things like what you say make me feel :)...

kilo delta
March 25th, 2012, 14:16

The flight model is extremely impressive,Pam...credit where it's due.:applause::salute:

Roger
March 25th, 2012, 14:33
Good work Pam! Not flown it for a while...must get it out of the hangar for a trip out of Avro's Woodford, where they built some.

Dave Torkington
March 26th, 2012, 06:52
Good work Pam! Not flown it for a while...must get it out of the hangar for a trip out of Avro's Woodford, where they built some.

Ditto from me - definitely one of your best Pam :salute:

warchild
March 26th, 2012, 13:07
I dont get all the credit. Delta 558 was with me all the way as he has been on every airplane since.. one of the best damned testers i've ever met, and i spent a lot of years in silicon valley doing QA and support..

kilo delta
March 26th, 2012, 13:47
Delta 558 was with me all the way

With a username like that I'd have expected nothing less!:icon_lol: