PDA

View Full Version : Updated the nvidia drivers and now my antialiasing isn't working.

Peter SWE
March 23rd, 2012, 13:02
As the title says, i updated to the lastest drivers for my gtx460oc card and antialiasing isn't working anymore in FSX. I have tryed resetting everything in nvidia enhancer using nick's settings but but no good. It's so jaggy now i cant even read the instruments.

What to do?

big-mike
March 23rd, 2012, 13:09
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?64230-nVidia-Driver-Update-v296-10

Michael

Roger
March 23rd, 2012, 13:35
As the title says, i updated to the lastest drivers for my gtx460oc card and antialiasing isn't working anymore in FSX. I have tryed resetting everything in nvidia enhancer using nick's settings but but no good. It's so jaggy now i cant even read the instruments.

What to do?

For the newer drivers you need Nvidia Inspector.

Peter SWE
March 23rd, 2012, 13:39
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?64230-nVidia-Driver-Update-v296-10

Michael

Thanks.

I'm downloading 275.33 now, hope that solves it.

Peter SWE
March 23rd, 2012, 13:39
For the newer drivers you need Nvidia Inspector.
I did try that but with no luck.

Peter SWE
March 23rd, 2012, 14:13
I must have broken something. I've tryed trhee different sets of drivers and a lot of different settings in nvidia inspector but there just isn't any AA in FSX anymore.

Gonna go to bed now and keep working at the problem tomorrow.

Roger
March 23rd, 2012, 14:22
Peter did you completely flush out the previous driver with Driver sweeper? Sometimes this is necessary to make the new drivers work correctly.

Butcherbird17
March 23rd, 2012, 15:13
With the newer nvidia drivers (i forget what version it started with) you need to uninstall from your OS's Control Panel.
You can not roll back any more using Device Manager as this will cause nothing but problems. Do not uninstall the drivers
first, uninstall PhysX, 3D driver, HD driver and Nvidia update first, then uninstall the display driver. Before you reboot, go
and delete the Nvidia folder under your "C" drive. A good thing to do before you start uninstalling anything is to make sure
everything else is updated. (OS, any 3rd party apps.. Nvidia Inspector, MSI's Afterburner, EVGA's Precision tool ect.)
There is no need to use a Driver Sweeper any more, although if you do it won't hurt anything. When you start to install
the new driver use the Custom install method and only install PhysX and the display driver. If you use Nvidia 3D glasses
then install that driver or if you have a mobo that supports the HD driver. The Nvidia update can be installed but really no
need for it, plus its just another app running in the background.:kilroy:
To the OP, did you check the AA box in FSX? On my rig i need to have that checked in fsx or i have the jaggies big time.
I haven't tried these new set of driver yet, just put in the 296.10 drivers 2 weeks ago and they are pretty good.

Joe

wallyboard
March 23rd, 2012, 17:09
Every time I change drivers on my GTX260, including the latest 296.10, I must always enter FSX and reset the screen resolution. Otherwise I get the same problems with AA, etc. Sounds to me like that may be your problem.

Cheers
Larry