View Full Version : 'Ferrari Daytona @ Sebring (Nice Double-Clutch Footage)'

Panther_99FS
March 20th, 2012, 20:52
And the sound! :jump:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXDtHXAHg2o&hd=1

wombat666
March 21st, 2012, 05:27
My favourite 'affordable' Ferrari!!:applause:
My father had an old friend by the name of Albert Flood, known to one and all 'Bert'.
He was an ace tuner, on anything you liked but especially when it came to two-strokes.
Bert had two sons, both of whom were multiple Motocross Champions across the board, one [Gary] went on to fettle the Cosworth F1 which had a number of wins, probably most notable for taking out the B.O.T round at Daytona.
During his later years Bert took up Ultralights with a vengance, building and flying them complete with only one eye!!
The point of my waffling is the story of Bert and the Daytona..........decades ago he bought himself a lovely yellow Daytona, a real supercar and the subject of much lust among us 'boys'.
He tinkered with the tuning for a while, but being Bert he tinkered a bit deeper into the bowels of the car and one weekend we called in to find a disembowelled Ferrari up on stands in his work area.
Bert decided it need to be assembled 'properly' ["Drives like a bloody truck" he said] and had well and truely got 'stuck in'!
He never really completed the job, and passed away only a few years ago.
I believe the car is in Gary's hands at this point in time, no doubt it will end up being sold off for a bundle but I reckon if I had asked Bert a decade or so ago I could have had a 1:1 scale Ferrari daytona assembly kit .......:kilroy:

Panther_99FS
March 21st, 2012, 16:08
My favourite 'affordable' Ferrari!!:applause:
My father had an old friend by the name of Albert Flood, known to one and all 'Bert'.
He was an ace tuner, on anything you liked but especially when it came to two-strokes.
Bert had two sons, both of whom were multiple Motocross Champions across the board, one [Gary] went on to fettle the Cosworth F1 which had a number of wins, probably most notable for taking out the B.O.T round at Daytona.
During his later years Bert took up Ultralights with a vengance, building and flying them complete with only one eye!!
The point of my waffling is the story of Bert and the Daytona..........decades ago he bought himself a lovely yellow Daytona, a real supercar and the subject of much lust among us 'boys'.
He tinkered with the tuning for a while, but being Bert he tinkered a bit deeper into the bowels of the car and one weekend we called in to find a disembowelled Ferrari up on stands in his work area.
Bert decided it need to be assembled 'properly' ["Drives like a bloody truck" he said] and had well and truely got 'stuck in'!
He never really completed the job, and passed away only a few years ago.
I believe the car is in Gary's hands at this point in time, no doubt it will end up being sold off for a bundle but I reckon if I had asked Bert a decade or so ago I could have had a 1:1 scale Ferrari daytona assembly kit .......:kilroy:

Ouch!
How long did he have it for before he decided that it needed a bit more tinkering :ques:

wombat666
March 22nd, 2012, 06:39
IIRC Ed, he had the Daytona for six months or so when he was 'tuning' the car, but it would have been the second six months and Bert had the engine out on his bench!

:applause: