PDA

View Full Version : Finally bit the bullet

Wittpilot
March 19th, 2012, 16:09
I finally stopped trying to talk myself into it, and out of it, and ordered my new PC. I haven't had a desktop to play any games on in over a year. Which is really okay..... With two youngins running around, I probably would spend too much time on it... but I have played computer games since I was 5, so I figure it's something I could probably go ahead and spend the $$

Here's the system...
Corsair Carbide Series 400R Mid-Tower Gaming Case
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB 16X
Intel® Core™ i7-2700K 3.50 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)
Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case
24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive
Corsair Hydro Series H60 High Performance Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan
1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD
8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance)

[CrossFireX] GigaByte Z68AP-D3 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ Intel Smart Response Tech. & 7.1 Dolby Home Theater Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID, mSATA Connector onboard, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI (All Venom OC Certified)

800 Watts - Standard Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready
STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Windows 7 Home Premium

$1240

-witt

Bomber_12th
March 19th, 2012, 16:33
This should do very well for you, Witt! And congratualtions on doing the homework and going ahead with it...I know for me it's like being a child waiting for Christmas, to wait for something like this to arrive.

rpjkw
March 19th, 2012, 17:33
Great system at what seems like a great price! Congratulations, Witt. You'll have fun with that rig.

Bob

WarHorse47
March 19th, 2012, 18:29
I know little about computer purchases, so I'm curious to know how and where. Is this a package you ordered, or one that you had assembled to your specs? Reason I'm asking is that I'll be shopping around later this year and would like a decent rig that will last me awhile. Thanks.

:ernae:
--WH

Wittpilot
March 20th, 2012, 18:37
I know little about computer purchases, so I'm curious to know how and where. Is this a package you ordered, or one that you had assembled to your specs? Reason I'm asking is that I'll be shopping around later this year and would like a decent rig that will last me awhile. Thanks.

:ernae:
--WH

I really don't have a lot of know how either WarHorse...I asked on here a lot... and what I did was if I wanted to know if a piece of the machine was good, I slapped it in newegg via copy paste, and checked out the reviews.

I got this rig through Cyberpowerpc.com I picked a basic gaming computer, then you can customize it with whatever you want to add or take away. It actually ended up being 1300 because I read something at the last minute that said you should get a namebrand power supply. So i splurged and paid another $50 for a name brand PSU.

mfitch
March 20th, 2012, 21:13
Your system sounds close to what I would like in my next upgrade. That will have to wait though as I plan to do the flying for my instrument rating this summer.

hey_moe
March 21st, 2012, 02:33
Lok like a sweet system...ya just can't hide money.:jump: