PDA

View Full Version : FS Instant Approach

VCN-1
March 19th, 2012, 07:26
Has anyone purchased this and used it?

It appears to be a really unique program and for $10 seems to be worth it.

http://www.fsinventions.com/

VCN-1

racartron
March 19th, 2012, 08:47
As lazy as I am amd considering how much help I need in landing:icon_lol: I'm gonna have at least try the demo.

DaveWG
March 19th, 2012, 10:43
Sounds similar to a freeware prog, "Lord of the Landing: Landing Training Environment", search for lola.zip on Avsim.com

racartron
March 19th, 2012, 10:48
Installed the demo -- and tried it out. You only can use the rwys at KORD and KGRD (all rwys are usable). Pretty slick little product. It sets you up on final(per your parameters) and then its up to you to "git 'er down." Is a great way to practice approaches/lamdings -- Something I really need to get better at. For the price this is a neat little add-on that provides a simple way to get better at your trade -- or just have fun.:guinness:

BTW, it does require FSUIPC ver 4.0 or later (unregistered is ok). Oh yeah, it also maps every rwy in fsX -- including any unique ones an add-on scenery might have stuck in.

racartron
March 19th, 2012, 17:15
Sounds similar to a freeware prog, "Lord of the Landing: Landing Training Environment", search for lola.zip on Avsim.com

The name of the file turns out to be lola16.zip I'll compare this with the payware offering

FSInventions
March 29th, 2012, 04:07
Has anyone purchased this and used it?

It appears to be a really unique program and for $10 seems to be worth it.

http://www.fsinventions.com/

VCN-1

There's a free demo on the website.

It's now on v1.2 with additional airport/runway filters such as "Has ILS?", ICAO code, Altitude, etc...

Stan V.
March 30th, 2012, 10:48
There's a free demo on the website.

It's now on v1.2 with additional airport/runway filters such as "Has ILS?", ICAO code, Altitude, etc...

Hang onto your hat - these guys are really giving us our money's worth! This morning they released v1.3 that adds the ability to specify surface wind, both magnitude and direction, with and without wind gusts. Great job, fellows.

VCN-1
March 31st, 2012, 15:26
What determines the starting altitude for the approach?

Can you set the altitude yourself?

VCN-1

FSInventions
April 2nd, 2012, 00:20
Hang onto your hat - these guys are really giving us our money's worth! This morning they released v1.3 that adds the ability to specify surface wind, both magnitude and direction, with and without wind gusts. Great job, fellows.

Thanks! :salute:

Can you set the altitude yourself?

Not currently, but that's an idea of another free release/update! :cool:

FSInventions
April 6th, 2012, 07:51
Just released v1.4 today. It's free for existing users or try the free demo if you don't own a copy.

Now you can also instantly control the visibility all your approaches anywhere in the world for a real challenge!

More info and videos at the FS Instant Approach website (http://www.fsinventions.com). :salute: