PDA

View Full Version : Autopilot

kwb737
March 17th, 2012, 23:41
Some of my aircraft have autopilot and some do not. Is there a way to copy whatever I need to copy from one of my aircraft that has autopilot to one or several of my aircraft that don't, so that all my aircraft will have autopilot?? Just wondering.

Thanks.

Shadow Wolf 07
March 18th, 2012, 04:45
There is a utility for cfs2 called Zone Aid 2.0, On the "Addons" tab you can add a simple but functional autopilot to any aircraft that doesnt't already have one. Get your plane where you want it and on the panel click: Hold Alt and Hold Heading and you're set. The zip is too large to attach here (5 mb) but if you want it, PM me with your email address and I will send it to you.

MaskRider
March 18th, 2012, 09:01
KWB737,

If I read you right, and I might be totally out to lunch here (wouldn't be the first time), what you want is to make autopilot functionality available for AC that do not have that functionality "turned on"?

If so, then there is a little utility available named AirEd for editing the settings in aircraft air files. It was written by a guy named William Roth way back in 1998, updated in 2000. It allows you to edit the settings for each flight dynamics data line in the air file.

Not sure just where it can be downloaded from these days so I will attach my copy.

Also, find attached screen-shot of what some of the autopilot section of the zero looks like in AirEd also find AirEd.zip:

MR

kwb737
March 18th, 2012, 09:16
There is a utility for cfs2 called Zone Aid 2.0, On the "Addons" tab you can add a simple but functional autopilot to any aircraft that doesnt't already have one. Get your plane where you want it and on the panel click: Hold Alt and Hold Heading and you're set. The zip is too large to attach here (5 mb) but if you want it, PM me with your email address and I will send it to you.

I found Zone Aid and it works great! But I still have a problem with one plane a P-40B. Zone Aid says Autopilot is installed (so of course it will not accept a auto pilot install from Zone Aid since the box is already automatically checked) but when I fly "Altitude hold" and "wing leveler" does not work. When I turn the Auto Pilot master off it makes a Beep sound as normal. Any ideas how to fix this plane?
Thanks.

MaskRider
March 18th, 2012, 10:01
Any ideas how to fix this plane?
Thanks.

Try AirEd. Those two flight dynamic switches may not be turned "on".

Some planes for one reason or another just never had all or some of the autopilot stuff in their air files activated. Installing autopilot gauges won't change that.

MR

kwb737
March 18th, 2012, 10:23
Try AirEd. Those two flight dynamic switches may not be turned "on".

Some planes for one reason or another just never had all or some of the autopilot stuff in their air files activated. Installing autopilot gauges won't change that.

MR

Do you know where I might find it MaskRider?

MaskRider
March 18th, 2012, 11:58
Do you know where I might find it MaskRider?

See the link in post #3 above.

MR

kwb737
March 18th, 2012, 12:19
See the link in post #3 above.

MR
Got It! DUH!! Right in front of me LOL!!:)

MaskRider
March 18th, 2012, 12:50
I hope it helps you. There is no installation required. Just unzip it to some convenient location and click on the aired.exe file.

MR

kwb737
March 18th, 2012, 13:00
Looks like I have fixed the problem. I didn't need to use AirED it was a bad airfile I believe. Don't ask me how I fixed it cause I'm really not sure. But it's good to go! Took a look at AirED. Going to hang on to that!! Thank You!

MaskRider
March 18th, 2012, 14:31
Aahhhh, yes, the ol' ghost in the machine fix. Happy you got it working!

Well, even though you didn't need AirEd it was a good exercise for me- forced me to dust off a few cobwebs from the little grey cells.

MR