PDA

View Full Version : The changeable heart of a flight simmer.

ramjet
March 16th, 2012, 17:42
Hi all,

I was hesitant to try out Flight but it was free so I downloaded. I opened it and was repulsed by the cartoonish Ikon panel and the easy flying and with the missions and challenges up first it sure looked like an arcade game. Then I got past the first two missions and could choose freeflight. That was better but it was still that Ikon and game-like activities. I read a posting from someone who preferred the Stearman and said it was much more lke flying so I signed up online and got the Stearman.

After more than 100 landings I have figured out a few things about landing a taildragger. I'm still lousy at it but I've done it a few times and now I am quite content to work on that skill. Its starting to feel more like a real plane although I am still using my laptop with a touchpad to fly. The scenery is better than I first thought and slow and low over Hawaii ain't bad for a nice escape. I do miss the AI and the static scenery will get stale to me but maybe by then something will be added to bring more life and action into the game.

I will enjoy Flight for what it offers now and look forward to what comes next. It plays well on my laptop so I can take it anywhere.

good flights, Cal