PDA

View Full Version : C-1A/S2F Landing Bounce

FSX68
March 16th, 2012, 04:32
When landing Milton Shupe's C-1A/S2F (FSX) I get a little bounce after I flare out. Does anyone else experience this? I try final approach landing low and slow and do a flare and it will most times hop/bounce in the air.
Curious if this is operator error or ????

Also, The angle or pitch in a bit nose high when trying to "level out". I have to make minor nose up or down to balance it out a bit. Otherwise, it has a tendency to climb
altitude in small increments.

fliger747
March 16th, 2012, 11:01
Check you weight and speed. Run a replay of the landing. Chances are that you are landing nose wheel first. Ie too fast. A stoof Driver that I talked to (I work with several) allowed that the plane did have a bounce.

T

fliger747
March 16th, 2012, 11:03
Check you weight and speed. Run a replay of the landing. Chances are that you are landing nose wheel first. Ie too fast. A stoof Driver that I talked to (I work with several) allowed that the plane did have a bounce.

Also realize that I have not released the FSX FDE, which differs in some ways from the FS9.

T

FSX68
March 16th, 2012, 11:46

Also realize that I have not released the FSX FDE, which differs in some ways from the FS9.

T

Thanks for the info. I am looking forward to your FSX conversion. Hopefully, things will sort out a lot better in FSX mode.

:salute: