PDA

View Full Version : Warbird sim then. And now - drop tank question

Mach3DS
March 15th, 2012, 23:02
The user manual states that the aircraft can use 75 - 110 gallon drop tanks. Just wondering if there's something I missed o how to enable the other size drop tanks? I can get them to appear but not change the size. Thanks! Awesome aircraft!

Bomber_12th
March 16th, 2012, 06:39
Hi Rick, that must be a miss-print. The only tanks available are the 75-gal metal examples - it is the only drop tank type used on the original aircraft during its service life, and it is the type of tanks also displayed on the restored aircraft today. I'm very sorry for the confusion!

I believe that text got left in by mistake from the Little Friends I product/manual, where there are some examples which also are fitted with the 108-gal paper tanks, and the Iwo Jima model that is fitted with the large 110-gal metal tanks.

Mach3DS
March 16th, 2012, 07:18
I was starting to think that was the case as I did some additional reading as pure research on my part! Thanks for the quick reply. So far I'm really enjoying the attention to detail of this bird! Good work!

Bomber_12th
March 16th, 2012, 07:27
Thank you, Rick, and I'm glad you have read through the user manual! Unfortunately in the past, I don't think I made it clear enough about the importance of looking at the user manual for these products, and where to find it.