PDA

View Full Version : Another scenery object request.

rdaniell
March 15th, 2012, 19:37
Do any of you'll know where I might find some mobile home scenery objects? At a lot of small rural airports around my home state, some just have maybe one closed hanger with perhaps a couple open T-hangers. The FBO usually lives at the airport in a mobile home (trailer). At some of the others, the ag operators operate out of one.

Thanks...

Romeo-Delta

rdaniell
March 15th, 2012, 20:49
There is a scenery object in the default scenery of a truck with a travel trailer attached. That is close to the effect I'm looking for. Can I edit the texture file and use complete "black" for the truck so it becomes invisible?? Would still like to have an unattached trailer that's a little bigger.

BTW, the aircraft is the T-6 that Bomber12 just announced at "Texas Joyriding."

Romeo-Delta

Dimus
March 15th, 2012, 23:16
You can edit the default objects but the cost would be that you will be seeing this change everywhere that this object is displayed. You might be able to create a new object based on the default with a different ID for the mdl and then edit that.

I had been trying to do that since I first started making scenery for my home base by using default objects, but it just did not cover my needs as I really wanted to see what I am seeing for real. This led me to start making custom 3d objects and the sketchup-modelconverterX-photoshop combination has served me well so far. I take or find pictures of the real thing, measure or guess the dimensions and after a few hours I have my object. I intend to eventually start looking at g-max or 3dsmax.

This sounds like fun too and a lot easier than the 4-wheeler. So if you have nice pictures of what you want and you can also give me the dimensions, I'll make it.

rdaniell
March 16th, 2012, 04:42
This sounds like fun too and a lot easier than the 4-wheeler. So if you have nice pictures of what you want and you can also give me the dimensions, I'll make it.

Thanks Dimus. I'll do some web browsing today for some photos, etc. Will get them to you when I find a couple good examples.

Romeo-Delta

Update: Dimus, this may take longer than I thought. After spending about an hour searching, I haven't found any decent photos yet.

rdaniell
March 16th, 2012, 07:58
Dimus, this is about as good as I could find on the web...RD

Dimus
March 16th, 2012, 09:25
I like the one in the middle. Looks more airfield like. I can work on something like that. I already have some similar textures from other objects. What do you think?

rdaniell
March 16th, 2012, 10:07
I like the one in the middle. Looks more airfield like. I can work on something like that. I already have some similar textures from other objects. What do you think?

Dimus, I agree with you on the middle trailer. The dimensions in the floor plan photo should be about the right size. Maybe a little smaller....12 x 36 maybe.
Of course there probably needs to be some weathering on the texture. What do you think?

Peace+

Romeo-Delta

Dimus
March 16th, 2012, 10:10
I'll make it dirty. You'll be able to adjust it also if you wish.

Again, no promises on time. I'll be travelling for work all next week so this might take some time.

rdaniell
March 16th, 2012, 10:14
I'll make it dirty. You'll be able to adjust it also if you wish. Again, no promises on time. I'll be travelling for work all next week so this might take some time.

Thank you. Anticipation is one of the joys of life. Be safe in your travels.

RD

Dimus
April 8th, 2012, 23:43
The trailer is now ready and uploaded at SOH library (FSX other) and soon at Avsim too:

rdaniell
April 9th, 2012, 00:07
And already in place at a small airport in South Georgia. :applause:

Thanks Dimus:wavey:

RD