PDA

View Full Version : Aerosoft An-2

SeanTK
March 15th, 2012, 10:23
http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/53430-so-what-is-this-new-project/

Looks like FSX will finally get a top-of-the-line An-2 this Fall (Autumn)!
Same developerment team that did the PZL Wilga.

Roger
March 15th, 2012, 10:59
Now that is some great news!

fsxar177
March 15th, 2012, 11:02
Thanks for the news, this will be exciting. The AN-2 really is a unique aircraft, and should be fun to fly.

Keep us posted!

Joseph

hairyspin
March 15th, 2012, 12:17
The AN-2 really is a unique aircraft, and should be fun to fly.

No, it should be hilarious! I watched one displaying last summer and laughed out loud. You don't think such an ancient-looking crate has much to show for itself - until it rolls 70 yards (it seemed) and climbs into the air like it's on a bungee cord. Landings were just as impressive....

Low and slow or cramped jungle airstrips will be a hoot with this. :jump:

kilo delta
March 15th, 2012, 13:00
Got a chance to jump from one back in '95 or thereabouts. I'll definitely be adding this to my stable. Finally I'll be able to attempt to recreate the story of an Air America Huey crew downing an NV An-2 using an Ak-47 (http://forum.milavia.net/warbirds/helicopter-shoots-down-a-north-vietnamese-an-2-bi-plane/) in FSX!:icon_lol:

jetstreamsky
March 15th, 2012, 13:42
Hopefully with full experience coded http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxhSmeAqD0g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

dvj
March 15th, 2012, 14:16
Very disappointed. I thought their next project was a 737. :isadizzy:

Dexdoggy
March 15th, 2012, 14:22
I hope this goes! Love the AN-2, saw one here in Aus called "Big Bird" (painted bright yellow, of course!).

kilo delta
March 15th, 2012, 14:23
Very disappointed. I thought their next project was a 737. :isadizzy:

:icon_lol::applause::kilroy:

btw..Sibwings are working on a Colt too.

delta558
March 15th, 2012, 15:05
I remember (quite a few years back) flying as P2 along the front at Brighton - P1 decided to demonstrate the low speed handling by bringing it gradually back and asking, "are the cars overtaking us yet?" The road runs along the front there, not sure of the speed limit (30? 40?) and if I was I couldn't tell you what speed the cars were doing. They did overtake us, though.

Dave Torkington
March 15th, 2012, 15:23
Great news! Lovely classic aircraft with loads of character... Saw one while on holiday in Slovenia last year - apparently it's been in situ for a few years. It'd make a nice paint job though.

dvj
March 15th, 2012, 18:36
Great news! Lovely classic aircraft with loads of character... Saw one while on holiday in Slovenia last year - apparently it's been in situ for a few years. It'd make a nice paint job though.

Is that ORBX PNW? Looks like an FS9 port over to FSX. Very cool.

Dave Torkington
March 15th, 2012, 22:16
Is that ORBX PNW? Looks like an FS9 port over to FSX. Very cool.

:icon_lol: Not quite - it's a photo of the Falcon Air AN-2 at Lesce Bled Airport, Slovenia taken with my aged digital camera last summer!

Dave :salute:

roger-wilco-66
March 15th, 2012, 23:06
Great news! A sure getter.
I once sat in a cockpit of one. That's nothing for tall people, I must say (I'm 188cm). But nevertheless I felt right at home with all the steam gauges and metal :mixedsmi:

Cheers,
Mark

bushpilot
September 2nd, 2012, 05:56
Looks pretty schweeet:jump:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=29848

Barnes
September 2nd, 2012, 06:02
This is good news - my amex card awaits the pleasure.

norab
September 2nd, 2012, 06:17
saw one at a local airshow some years back flying slower than a kid on a bicycle in a race for the show

hairyspin
September 2nd, 2012, 06:23
That is splendid VC work! :applause::applause::applause:

pilottj
September 2nd, 2012, 08:44
I think I read somewhere that if you have an engine failure in the AN-2, all you do is pull the yoke full aft and trim up...it won't stall, it will just float 'gently' to the ground....almost as good as having a ballistic chute :icon_lol:

Cheers
TJ