PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Flight Review - IGN, 5.0/10

CybrSlydr
March 15th, 2012, 02:00
Microsoft Flight Review
Flying is magical, but playing this game is not.
March 14, 2012

Unless you truly believe in the magic of potential future downloadable content – and are willing to pay the very real price for whatever enhancements may or may not be coming down the pike – Microsoft Flight is, for the most part, a waste of your time. It matters not if you're a detail-oriented, accuracy-loving sim-head or a gunning-for-action "arcade" gamer. Flight is likely not the droid you're looking for.

In an attempt to reel in a wider general audience for its latest flight-based affair, Microsoft has, in many ways, sacrificed much of what made its prior civilian flight games so compelling – realism and depth. In so doing, it will undoubtedly alienate a wide swath of its potential audience – the hardcore crowd that not only filled its simulation coffers for years but also stuck with Microsoft through a variety of rough patches.

You see, Flight is just about as far removed from a true flight sim as American Idol is from originality. Sure, it gives the illusion of a sim – comprehensive cockpits; pretty, believable renditions of real life planes; and an assortment of switchable options that seem as if they'd make the thing that much more difficult and wonderfully time-consuming.

Yet that illusion is…illusionary. Kill off every conceivable pilot aid and Flight flying remains near-effortless. Yes, you're impacted by wind and turbulence and, if you try to push the envelope, you'll sometimes find yourself in a potentially unrecoverable situation that'll take some practice and skill to survive. So we're clearly not dealing with Mario Airplane here.

However, that you can take off, navigate, and land one of these babies quite adequately with a mouse and a keyboard is…well, a slap in the face of flight sim aficionados and pretty good reason for them not to get involved. That you can land at all within a few minutes of first playing (the only real test during landing and takeoff being an admittedly thorough but optional equipment checklist) means everyone will have to find their challenges elsewhere in the game. Unfortunately, there aren't many to be found.

Moreover, Flight does not offer a radio. Or any other form of plane-to-plane or plane-to-ground communication. It does provide various weather and time of day "themes," but does not support dynamic or downloadable real-life weather. Worse still, you cannot crash an aircraft. It'll merely bounce clumsily along the ground instead, grinding its way to an intensely underwhelming halt seconds later, apparently none the worse for wear.

At least you'll have no witnesses since Flight is a void. One of the more seemingly obvious joys of a flying game, regardless of its level of realism, is interaction with other pilots and planes. Yet in Flight, that interaction is darn-near impossible. Consider that you can quite conceivably fly all day long and not see another moving aircraft. Indeed, the only animated objects you'll see in the entire game are clouds and, when online, precious few human-controlled planes. That's right – there are no AI-controlled airplanes anywhere at any time.

Indeed, there's virtually no movement at all. Fly over a city, and nothing moves. Fly over a beach, and the waves are still. Trees do not bend in the wind, and the grass does not blow. There are no cars rumbling along the thoroughfares, and the only ships you'll see are anchored and seemingly bereft of human life.

You can temporarily cure your loneliness by sauntering over to one of the game's "job boards," which you'll find at most every airstrip. Here, you're asked to fly quickie missions to and fro – sometimes cargo and sometimes passengers and sometimes something else entirely. Pick a job where you're flying humans and you'll hear them speak. You cannot, however, interact with them. Nor can you even see them – when you glance at their seat, it will be empty. It's all a wee bit spooky.

As frustrating as it may be for seasoned sim veterans, it likewise isn't "fun" enough to hold the interest of the casual gaming crowd it's clearly after. Somewhere along the development trail, Flight morphed from the sim-based follow-up one would naturally expect into the highly accessible product the developer ultimately decided it should be. And yes, it is accessible.

When you first climb into the cockpit, the disembodied voice of an instructor and numerous on-screen prompts hold the hand of the newbie like never before. Later activities include "Missions" (described above), an assortment of quickie "Challenges" where players are asked to perform mild aerobatics and a whole whack of landing exercises, and something called "Aerocache Hunt." The latter sends you off to various spots in search of glowing tokens, magically suspended in the sky. Interesting in that Microsoft offers an "aerocache of the day" that you'll need to seek out with real-life search engines and maps, Aerocache Hunt nevertheless suffers the same fate as the Challenges and Missions – they become sleepily repetitive.

Considering you can't conduct a career or live out a story, can't arm your plane with weapons and go about thrashing everything you see, can't fill the skies with AI aircraft (air races, for example, would have been a wonderful boon for action game converts), can't buzz a crowded town square and watch the citizens flee in horror (remember, there are no citizens, or cars, or trucks, or anything that could potentially move), can't fly a jet or an airliner or a helicopter or anything other than the relatively sedate aircraft you're given, there arguably isn't much to hold long-term interest other than to experience the joy of landing, taking off, sitting in the cockpit, and enjoying the scenery.

Adding salt to the wound, Flight isn't nearly the inexpensive proposition you may have heard. Though it is free to download and play the basic game, that basic game is, in all honesty, small. Free is good to be sure and many pilots will undoubtedly ply their virtual trade for days and perhaps a couple of weeks without paying Microsoft one red cent. But then what do they do?

The freebie Flight begins and ends in Hawaii. And even then, just one of the Hawaiian islands. If you want to venture beyond that, it'll cost you nearly $20. If you want to expand beyond Hawaii, well, you can't at any cost.

The freebie Flight also begins with just two aircraft – a Stearman biplane and an Icon A5 sport flyer (a wee sprig of a plane that feels like a flying car). If you have loftier ambitions, you're looking at $8 for a P51 Mustang and another $15 for a Maule M-7-260C. A firth plane, the Van's RV-6A, comes along for the ride when you buy the full Hawaii package.

To sum up then, in order to fly the entire state of Hawaii and house five airplanes in your hangar, you'll need to buck up $43. And even then you have no jets or airliners or choppers, and you can't leave Hawaii.

Closing Comments
Microsoft Flight is not a terrible game. The environment, for example, may be eerie in its sense of airspace emptiness and its bizarre lack of animation, but the artistry is lush and convincing, the frame rate seems solid even if you're not running the latest and greatest equipment, and time of day and weather variables really add to the show. There is an initial wow factor, no doubt.

But look closer, spend some time with it, and all is not what it seems. The one big question here – and yes, it's really big – is where Microsoft plans to take Flight in the future. Will we see other parts of the world opened up? More aircraft in the skies? More options for the hardcore…and the softcore? Only time will tell, but in the meantime, Flight is best sampled in its freebie guise.

Wow - this is quite surprising to hear. I haven't followed development of it at all, so this is the first I've read of it.

It sounds ridiculously bad.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/122/1220696p1.html

wombat666
March 15th, 2012, 02:31
Now that's a review that tells it straight!
:applause:

IFlySWA
March 15th, 2012, 03:26
Ouch! :icon_lol: A bit heavy-handed but still pretty accurate. I played around with Flight for the first couple of days after its release, but haven't touched it since. :kilroy:

Brian

Terry
March 15th, 2012, 05:21
A picture being worth a 1000 words...........

n4gix
March 15th, 2012, 06:27
Yawn. Yet another reviewer who quite obviously didn't do his due diligence. There are so many wrong statements that it'd take the rest of my day to cover all of them. Here's just a few.

Radios do work.

Com channels are used to communicate voice to other pilots in multiplayer. Given 126 available "frequencies", that's potentially a lot of "private channels". TAB for "all users" and Ctrl-TAB for the tuned Com1 channel.

Nav radios will tune all of the VORs and Localizer/GS (ILS) transmitters in the Hawaiian Islands. DME1/2 are available as well. The Vans RV-6 has two Bendix/King VOR heads on the panel. The Maule has a B/K HSI, and a VOR2 head.

At any given time of day, there are over 900 Multi-player sessions active. If the reviewer couldn't find anyone to fly with, that's because he never looked! Last week, Flight was #2 of the Top 50 most played LIVE titles in the world.

If he thinks "landing is easy," then he quite obviously did not try the RV-6 Landing Challenge #2, which is a full ILS landing with a 29 knot crosswind off the starboard front quarter. You have to maintain a well-controlled slip all the way down to about 5' AGL, land on the center line, and have no wheel-skid, and less than 5 fps touchdown. So far, no one has gotten a "Gold" for the landing...

Landing Challenge #5 is a full ILS approach and landing in heavy IFR. In real life one would divert to an alternate because the visibility is well below minimums...

He's also fallen into the fallacy of thinking that $20 is the cost of the scenery, with a "free aircraft" thrown in. The truth is that the Vans RV-6 is far superior to the equivalent FSX payware aircraft that is sold for ~$45...

The Maule for $15 is likewise equivalent to a $45/50 payware release, and is demonstrably equal in value to the RV-6. Given this, one is really paying $15 for the Vans RV-6, and getting the rest of the ORBX quality Hawaiian Islands for a paltry $5!

Full and realistic aerobatics are supported. Flat spins are achievable. Show me any other sim that allows this! I've never been able to get any a/c in FS9 or FSX to allow a hammerhead, yet it's achievable in Flight. The Stearman is a excellent aircraft for the aerobatic lessons and challenges.

As far as DLC is concerned, MSGS announced last Monday:

We're excited to announce some upcoming DLC: journey with us to Alaska, with over 1.5 million square kilometers (~600,000 square miles) of captivating scenery, new aircraft and additional missions! Check out the screenshots below for an advance look.

The above is just the short list of things that were wrong in this so-called review from someone who quite obviously had written the article in his head before he even installed Flight... :gameoff:

Prowler1111
March 15th, 2012, 06:43
Yes sir, it is!

Prowler

n4gix
March 15th, 2012, 07:16
Oh yes, one more clue that this clown is totally clueless:

Trees do not bend in the wind, and the grass does not blow.

Sorry the trees do "bend in the wind!" While parked on the ramp, I set the weather to "Squalls" then watched as the trees reacted to the gale force winds (90 to 120 knots!). I expected some of them to blow completely over. When I looked back towards my lovely parked RV-6, it wasn't there anymore! I walked around for awhile trying to find out where it went...

...I finally found it at the other end of the field, flipped upside down on top of a t-hangar... :173go1:

But yes, the "grass does not blow," but his "review" certainly does!

Mikrco
March 15th, 2012, 07:25
Yawn. Yet another reviewer who quite obviously didn't do his due diligence. There are so many wrong statements that it'd take the rest of my day to cover all of them. Here's just a few.

Radios do work.

Com channels are used to communicate voice to other pilots in multiplayer. Given 126 available "frequencies", that's potentially a lot of "private channels". TAB for "all users" and Ctrl-TAB for the tuned Com1 channel.

Nav radios will tune all of the VORs and Localizer/GS (ILS) transmitters in the Hawaiian Islands. DME1/2 are available as well. The Vans RV-6 has two Bendix/King VOR heads on the panel. The Maule has a B/K HSI, and a VOR2 head.

At any given time of day, there are over 900 Multi-player sessions active. If the reviewer couldn't find anyone to fly with, that's because he never looked! Last week, Flight was #2 of the Top 50 most played LIVE titles in the world.

If he thinks "landing is easy," then he quite obviously did not try the RV-6 Landing Challenge #2, which is a full ILS landing with a 29 knot crosswind off the starboard front quarter. You have to maintain a well-controlled slip all the way down to about 5' AGL, land on the center line, and have no wheel-skid, and less than 5 fps touchdown. So far, no one has gotten a "Gold" for the landing...

Landing Challenge #5 is a full ILS approach and landing in heavy IFR. In real life one would divert to an alternate because the visibility is well below minimums...

He's also fallen into the fallacy of thinking that $20 is the cost of the scenery, with a "free aircraft" thrown in. The truth is that the Vans RV-6 is far superior to the equivalent FSX payware aircraft that is sold for ~$45...

The Maule for $15 is likewise equivalent to a $45/50 payware release, and is demonstrably equal in value to the RV-6. Given this, one is really paying $15 for the Vans RV-6, and getting the rest of the ORBX quality Hawaiian Islands for a paltry $5!

Full and realistic aerobatics are supported. Flat spins are achievable. Show me any other sim that allows this! I've never been able to get any a/c in FS9 or FSX to allow a hammerhead, yet it's achievable in Flight. The Stearman is a excellent aircraft for the aerobatic lessons and challenges.

As far as DLC is concerned, MSGS announced last Monday:

The above is just the short list of things that were wrong in this so-called review from someone who quite obviously had written the article in his head before he even installed Flight... :gameoff:

They look, but they do not see..They listen, but they do not hear...They try, but they do not fly.

Javis
March 15th, 2012, 08:33
" ..... Worse still, you cannot crash an aircraft. "

That's enough for me to know what type of reviewer we're dealing with here. Even worse indeed, isn't it, who cares about flying, it's crashing we want, in a huge ball of flames and preferably a whole town to go with it. Yes, big mistake by MS for omitting that. They could've called it "MSCrash!!" then an sold millions of copies more. ( mind you, you would've first managed to crash into a hangar by taxiing full speed into it before getting to blow up the whole town, which would of course only be available by payware DLC )

Take a look at this REAL review here, by Chris Frishmuth/SimHQ . Everything you always wanted to know about MSFlight but were afraid to ask. 8 pages with lots of good screenshots and a wonderful video to boot.

http://www.simhq.com/_air14/air_518a.html

Surely not all bells and whistles neither but this guy knows what he's talking about which cannot be said of the silly scriblings of this IGN so called reviewer.

If you want to take a look at the video right away here it is : http://youtu.be/cQ5gn3fuoR0

cheers.
jan

CybrSlydr
March 15th, 2012, 14:30
Sounds like we already have Flight apologists lining up to defend! ;)

Lionheart
March 15th, 2012, 15:30
...Mario Airplane...

-IGN Game Review

LOLOLOL... :D

Man, I didnt know they plucked out ATC and AI. I use that in all flights. man...

I think the article was good. That gave me some realistic views of what the platform is. I have not loaded it and do not intend to and I dont mean that in a bad sense.

I did notice though, that the opening screen of Need for Speed, Hot Pursuit (the opening menu with the Land in a sort of 3D cartoon 3D rendering, like that of Patrician 3 and some Sims games, and I love the Patrician series), looks very much like the new Flight opening window with the 3D sort of map of Hawaii under you. Very similar. When that popped up in NFS, I thought... 'Flight!'

Hey, its their new direction. May it do well for them and may the people that fly in it love it. Good to see another sim out there. :applause: My nephew Austin would love this.

Bill

Cratermaker
March 15th, 2012, 16:57
I'm curious to see which people keep coming back to post in this forum how much MS Flight sucks instead of moving along... :engel016:

BASys
March 15th, 2012, 17:46
Hi Folks

Did IGN actually pay someone for that twaddle ?

Sounds like we already have Flight apologists lining up to defend! ;)
Guys -
My humblest apologies -
for a) if the following aren't your personal GamerTags
or b) if these are your GamerTags, then for making examples of you
http://live.xbox.com/en-GB/Activity/Details?titleId=1297287378&compareTo=CybrSlydr
http://live.xbox.com/en-GB/Activity/Details?titleId=1297287378&compareTo=IFlySWA

If they are -
Thus spake the voice of experience !

At least manage pass the basic intro mission
before posting your criticisms.

Again my apologies
if those are not your personal GamerTags.

As for the rest of you negaters and naysayers,
who think Gordo Gobsh*te's IGN article was "good".

Publish your GamerTag along with your post,
and at least allow the rest of us
to verify your supposed "piloting" capabilities.

FLIGHT might not be your cup of tea,
but as a flying training aid/improvement mechanism,
for newbies & the casual user,
its a substantial improvement over FS9/X.

If he thinks "landing is easy,"
then he quite obviously did not try the RV-6 Landing Challenge #2,
<snip>
So far, no one has gotten a "Gold" for the landing...
Bill -
There's a limited few who've achieved the RV-6A Landing Master.

Though I'm still struggling to attain Gold for that LC #2 myself.

HTH
ATB
Paul Donnelly

FLIGHT - Earn your wings !

robert41
March 15th, 2012, 18:22
Not a very good review.
I think Flight is alright.
I do not care for the missions, challenges and such.
Scenery looks good up close.
Flight models seem ok but simple. Hard to explain. They perform right, but do not feel right.

Javis
March 15th, 2012, 19:02
Well, i'm baffled... How the heck does that work, Paul ???.... :icon_lol:

Yep, quilty as charged, i am the Butterybow so and so why and how i just don't know.

I don't know anything about Xbox ( hey! i'm a flightsimmer ! ), getting that Xbox life account was the most aggrevating part of getting Flight going but when a new flight sim ( Ok, flying game ) is released i'm willing to try anything to get a good look at it. Doesn't happen everyday, does it..

And yes, i'm not ashamed to say that i am enjoying Flight a lot so far. Atleast much more than the latest militairy flight sims or AeroflyFS. I guess i belong to the ' don't whine about stuff that ISN'T there, enjoy the stuff that IS there' camp.

I have always been a sucker for Low & Slow VFR in all MSFS iterations, love Megascenery Hawaii in FSX, so why not, éh ?....

The things i am learning about the Hawaii Islands, eventhough i couldn't agree more with people that say that it all should've been much more detailed, is already worth the price of the dlc's in my simbook. ( no, i don't have the P-51, that's an abomination, also in my simbook )

Look forward to the Alaska add-on and possibly a Beaver, Otter or DC-3 ( fat chance i guess... )

cheers,
Butterybow Soandso

Lionheart
March 17th, 2012, 18:07
Thank you Cyber for posting this. I for one am greatful.

Bill

n4gix
March 18th, 2012, 09:30
Take a look at this REAL review here, by Chris Frishmuth/SimHQ . Everything you always wanted to know about MSFlight but were afraid to ask. 8 pages with lots of good screenshots and a wonderful video to boot.

Apparently he didn't read the manual, otherwise he'd have known that the COM radios do have a function in Flight...

...they are used during a multi-player session to allow players to voice communicate on separate frequencies via the Ctrl-Tab "mic button".

Using the Tab "mic button" will simulcast to everyone on all frequencies.

It's also important to note that this was not actually a "Review" but rather an "Op Ed" piece. It was in my estimation very well done overall, although I don't agree that the missions and challenges are all that boring... :ernae:

n4gix
March 18th, 2012, 09:32
Thank you Cyber for posting this. I for one am greatful.

Bill, just out of curiosity, did you read my response at all, or did your eyes glaze over before you got that far? :173go1:

n4gix
March 18th, 2012, 09:33
They look, but they do not see..They listen, but they do not hear...They try, but they do not fly.

True words, friend Mikrco! I may quote you some day soon... :ernae:

Roger
March 18th, 2012, 13:32
It's different and as we've all known for a long time now, there's no third party input and not a lot you can do to modify settings, but hey...it's fun. If you haven't yet, try some of those landing challenges...there's no easy way out:mixedsmi:

Dain Arns
March 18th, 2012, 13:36
Here's something I discovered this weekend, and sorta applies to the review.

I just got my new computer on Friday.
I wasn't going to install 'Flight' because it was so unimpressive to me, on my old system.
But I had close to a dozen or so hours in 'Flight' on the old box.
Intel Quad Core 1.8Ghz, 3 GB ram, 9500GT
Cartoonish graphics, no working force feedback, panning in the VC was iffy.
The flight dynamics felt arcade like, I couldn't see how people were describing them as 'accurate'.

So on a lark I installed 'Flight' on my "spanking new super-computer I've always wanted" I put together this weekend.
i7 2600k 2nd gen Intel 3.4Ghz with boost to 3.8, 16GB ram, GTX 550 ti...etc.
I figure, "Hey!", I'll see what it looks like with full on settings, for giggles.
Be fun to see the high FPS...

I was blown away.

It's almost a totally different experience.
Graphics are huge improvement (duh, obviously I know), force feedback works great, panning in VC is smooth and controllable.
Flight dynamics feel a whole lot better, (force feedback helps too).
I can understand the improved flight dynamics statements others have made, now.

So now I can see how a handful of folks are excited about 'Flight'.
I've gone from having no further interest in it based on my experiences with my old computer system, to actually looking forward to the 'Alaska' release now.

Will it replace my FSX? Nope.
I've been wanting a better box to improve the FSX experience anyway, I want to continue with FSX.
It still affords me the freedom I want in my sims.
Plus there are some other sims I haven't been able to run on the old system, like 'Rise of Flight'.

These are totally un-scientific observations, of course, I know.
But I can't help but wonder if 'Flight' is somehow automatically scaling back certain features based on an individual's computer performance?
Maybe with faster systems, it's not so bad a product after all? :kilroy:

Anyway, for me personally, right now, it looks like 'Flight' just got an indefinite extension on it's life. :icon_lol:

BASys
March 18th, 2012, 14:36
Hi Folks

If you haven't yet, try some of those landing challenges...there's not easy way out:mixedsmi:
Roger -
Loved the Landing Challenges.
Glad someone else is enjoying them.

I've never felt so frustrated,
died so frequently/spectacularly/or needlessly,
yet had so much fun, in a long time.

FLIGHT - Earn your wings !

But I can't help but wonder if 'Flight' is somehow automatically scaling back certain features based on an individual's computer performance?
You are correct, it does.

Shader code tests your hardware,
and accordingly enables/disables features,
and some menu options.

IIRC the shaders might be runtime compiled.

Great that you're open-minded enough to retry installing FLIGHT
and are now experiencing good graphics/gameplay.

Good to also hear that Force-Feedback is working.
Which stick are you using please ?
I need to replace my recently broken one.

PS
Happy nice new box.

HTH
ATB
Paul

Dain Arns
March 18th, 2012, 15:26
Hi Folks...

You are correct, it does.

Shader code tests your hardware,
and accordingly enables/disables features,
and some menu options.

IIRC the shaders might be runtime compiled.

Okay, that makes sense to me.

Great that you're open-minded enough to retry installing FLIGHT
and are now experiencing good graphics/gameplay.

Good to also hear that Force-Feedback is working.
Which stick are you using please ?
I need to replace my recently broken one.

PS
Happy nice new box.

HTH
ATB
Paul

Thanks, I have said that if I had the extra funds, I've always wanted to specifically have a dedicated gaming box for simming and other online gaming I do.
Thank God, I finally have a job again that is allowing me to do that after being basically unemployed for two years after being laid off.

Logitech G940 for the FF stick.

I won't be shy, some folks don't like it.
It is well known that Logitech support for it is almost non-existent.
It does have issues in the Throttle with the wires losing insulation/breaking due to routing through the throttle handles.
The cable on the first ones was not properly attached, don't know if that has been addressed by Logitech.
Mine is doing that now on a couple buttons that are not working, I need to fix it.
There are various posts on how to do that on the internet.

But still its the best stick I have ever owned, in my personal opinion.
Been putting it through its paces in 'Rise of Flight' this afternoon, scored 3 planes on my very first mission.
Worked great because I could feel the stall buffeting.
I really feel like I couldn't fly Helicopters without it in FSX, or even in 'Take On Helicopters'.
In almost 3 years, I know I have logged at least 1000 hours on it alone, just in FSX, and it has held up rather well.
And, yes I will buy another one. :wavey:

Lionheart
March 18th, 2012, 19:42
Bill, just out of curiosity, did you read my response at all, or did your eyes glaze over before you got that far? :173go1:

Hi Bill. I hope all is well.

I will not be 'told' what to like. I will gather information on something and make my own assumption. I liked the feedback review. It also stated the good points about it and I think it states things about right from what 'everyone' has been saying.

Take care.

Bill

Javis
March 18th, 2012, 20:02
It's also important to note that this was not actually a "Review" but rather an "Op Ed" piece.

Well, it says 'Review' at the top.. :) ( not familiar with 'Op-Ed' xpression.. ? )

It was in my estimation very well done overall, although I don't agree that the missions and challenges are all that boring..

No, me neither. Done all missions i have access to but i'm still sweating away at a lot of these landing challenges ( i just learned that i might have to tweak sensitivity settings, maybe that'll help, particularly with the RV-6 Landing Challenge 5, all i got out of it sofar is a wet suit.. :icon_eek: )

There's more i don't agree with ( didn't mind the balloons for one thing.. :) . And it certainly appeals to me.. ) but atleast he didn't knock it down after a quick look over. His Flight video is the best i've seen sofar. Might make some Flight naysayers give it a spin anyway..

cheers,
jan

n4gix
March 19th, 2012, 09:17
Hi Bill. I hope all is well.

I will not be 'told' what to like. I will gather information on something and make my own assumption. I liked the feedback review. It also stated the good points about it and I think it states things about right from what 'everyone' has been saying.

Is that what you think I was trying to do? Really? If so, you are very mistaken.

What I wrote was a "short list" of only ten demonstrably false/incorrect statements in this "review." Just to be clear, I was responding to the original post's quoted review, not the subsequent one quoted, which was on the whole more fair and balanced.

Not one single word in my response was "opinion" nor did I make any attempt to tell people "what to like."

By your criteria then, if "everyone" makes false statements then what "everyone is saying" must therefore be "true?" That's rather disturbing, Bill.

Mikrco
March 19th, 2012, 11:59
Is that what you think I was trying to do? Really? If so, you are very mistaken.

What I wrote was a "short list" of only ten demonstrably false/incorrect statements in this "review." Just to be clear, I was responding to the original post's quoted review, not the subsequent one quoted, which was on the whole more fair and balanced.

Not one single word in my response was "opinion" nor did I make any attempt to tell people "what to like."

By your criteria then, if "everyone" makes false statements then what "everyone is saying" must therefore be "true?" That's rather disturbing, Bill.

Ah Bill, ya missed a golden opportunity to use that quote.

Lionheart
March 19th, 2012, 12:11

Ah..

<puts saline solution in 'glazed' eyes... >

BASys
March 20th, 2012, 11:18
Hi Folks

Logitech G940 for the FF stick.
Dain -
Cheers for the feedback & details.

Much as I'd love one,
still being in similar circumstances,
its a little out of my price bracket.

Many thanks
ATB
Paul

SirBenn21
April 5th, 2012, 04:58

Not accurate a review in some instances, but I feel it captures the mood of a lot of flight simmers out there, and that includes me! I doubt Flight will have a long life, which is sad really. :crybaby:
Long range haulers, glider pilots and the like will utterly waste their money on Flight.

I hope someone else picks up the reins where MS left off.

Ben

Lionheart
April 5th, 2012, 10:14
Not accurate a review in some instances, but I feel it captures the mood of a lot of flight simmers out there, and that includes me! I doubt Flight will have a long life, which is sad really. :crybaby:
Long range haulers, glider pilots and the like will utterly waste their money on Flight.

I hope someone else picks up the reins where MS left off.

Ben

Done.... Go to www.prepar3D.com. Uses the former FSX/ESP, has been upgraded 3X to build 1.3, runs faster then FSX, smooth with no stumbles, no hopping planes, can run cars and traffic now, clouds too, and no blinking clouds.... $49.95 for students, $200.00 for regular, $9.95 a month for Dev's. Runs awesome and takes all FSX scenery and planes. And..... you can use it for official training.

Hughes-MDflyer4
April 6th, 2012, 09:09

I got gold on Landing Challenge #2 in the RV. It sure wasn't easy and took several attempts!