PDA

View Full Version : Didn't even know this airport existed until today....

Navy Chief
March 14th, 2012, 19:43
I've lived on Sanibel Island, FL since last July, and just found out today that there's a airport (private) on Captiva, just north of here. Airport ID FL90.

I checked, and it's in FSX, although nothing there, except an airstrip. Guess I need to boot up Instant Scenery, and add some houses!

NC

falcon409
March 14th, 2012, 19:54
Looks like a pretty nice little area down there.

Navy Chief
March 15th, 2012, 10:10
Oh, it's nice here alright. And will be even better when some of the "snowbirds" go home! The traffic on-island is horrible. I have to either leave the island very early in the morning, (to go shopping), or wait until late evening. Otherwise it takes me almost an hour to get off the island, when it normally takes 15 minutes! Pete

FAC257
March 15th, 2012, 13:37
Too Funny! I almost posted the other day to ask you how you were surviving your first Snowbird Season. :)

FAC

Navy Chief
March 15th, 2012, 18:02
Too Funny! I almost posted the other day to ask you how you were surviving your first Snowbird Season. :)

FAC

FAC,

It's gotten to the point that I don't even bother trying to drive anywhere on the island, (let alone try to LEAVE the island) during certain times of the day. I buy what I need in large enough quantities so I don't have to! And some of these snow birds, I swear I have never encountered worse drivers! I thought Atlanta drivers were bad! At least once a week (oftimes more) someone will pull right out in front of me, causing me to slam on my brakes. It is unreal!

Were it not for the bike paths, I would go crazy!

Pete

Warhawk1130
March 15th, 2012, 19:31
Go download and install your A-7 paint and go fly there, its in the warbirds section ;)