PDA

View Full Version : Canion's ETO INF packs

bearcat241
March 13th, 2012, 17:01
Hey guys,

I have some questions regarding Canion's ETO_Inf-Packs 1 & 2. Before i plug these in, i want to avoid any trouble with existing related scenery. In ETO_Inf-Pack 1 he included a Hawkinge airbase with GSL Dover cliffs. Does this conflict with any previous Hawkinge bases like that in the Burns' BOB installation or Martin Wright's bgl Dover install or Rami's GSL Dover installations?

Does his Ludendorff Bridge RW-Deck conflict with Frenchee's LB setup or is it indended to enhance this? His readme's are a little vague on these matters.

I don't detect any foreseeable conflcts in ETO_Inf-Pack 2 since Arnhem is the focus and i have no other stuff for that. But with both packs, i'd like to know if i need to deactivate or remove something beforehand.

Thanks

Rami
March 13th, 2012, 17:48
Bearcat,

Yes, it does conflict with the Dover harbor I created for the Battle of Brtiain, and it does cause problems at Hawkinge for Gary Burns or Martin Wright. The reason is that Canion built it on Rhumba's newer water masks, not Sander's older files.

The Ludendorff files are meant to replace Frenchee's files, IMHO they are a considerable improvement. The layout for the bridge is at the proper location, but I can lend you a GSL file if you need it.

Likewise, the city of Arnhem will also not work with Sander's files, as they are built for Rhumba's water masks.

However, I use the objects from both packs extensively, and I am currently relocating and creating Dams in the Ruhr valley that fit with Sander's files, because again, they are based on Rhumbaflappy's newer water masks.

bearcat241
March 13th, 2012, 17:58
Thanks for that Rami...i now see that i can skip a few lines in this story. :icon29:

Fibber
March 15th, 2012, 11:31
This may sound like far out left-field but it seems a lot of people are totally confused between Sandler and Rhumba. It might be easier if there is a section in the scenery section Captioned Sandler and one Rhumba. The various files could them do into that folder and may end the stream of confusion as to what works with which ( or is it which works with what?). The downloader would have to then know what he has for mesh and go to the appropiate section. I know it would require a lot of sorting, but maybe it would ease the questions on you Rami.

Rami
March 15th, 2012, 13:22
Fibber,

Canion's new work is really the only one in the ETO, so it's kind of a moot point. As you can see from the other thread, it's the Pacific that is more of a problem. Good suggestion, though.

BTW...Your suggestion is the reason why the ETO / MTO guides exist.