PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Factory 99 Problems.

Johnny
December 22nd, 2008, 15:42
~S~ All,

When I was working on the Dam Plug, I started having problems with the finished product. When I would CFO, it would crash, so I did a work around. When I started on the next project the problem continued and I isolated AF99 and saved it to another media. Then I reinstalled it along with the patch and I could not save my work, because the program was misnaming the files, (.Air, .DP) or should I say not naming them what they were suppose to be. After renaming them they would be produced, but crash and explode when I CFO'ed. The only thing I can think of is that M$ added something to XP. I know I had problems with Service Pack Three before and removed it. But that was not the problem last time.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you,

j:isadizzy:

smilo
December 23rd, 2008, 07:03
maybe this will work;
go to Free Flight,
move the Plug where you want it in Slew Mode.
get out of Slew, then Save the Flight with CFO.
I usually Name the Flight with a couple of 00 in front so it will be near the top of the list.
for example, 000GiveaDam
Exit Free Flight and go to Multiplayer.
Select any Aircraft, NOT the Plug.
the reason for this is that the Plug don't fly good and you want it level when you CFO.
now, CFO, Select Flight, 000GiveaDam and it should be in place.
if that works, do it all again and set the Time and Weather, too.
one more thing, if the Plug is bombed and destroyed, Return to the Ready Room and Change Aircraft. notice that it will be the Plug. change it back to a Spit MKI or something and rejoin the Game.
this is the technique I use for placing multiple targets in a Multiplayer Game.
oh yeah, if you have other objects like pilotable ships and AA batteries, watch out for the CFO swing.
I hope this works for you, too.

BTW, are you talking about the AF99 Upgrade? if so, where did you get it? I have misplaced mine.

Johnny
December 23rd, 2008, 20:19
~S~ s,

That is the work-a-round, the save files are in the dam plug folder, along with instructions. But, that does not fix my AF99 problem.

Thanks,

j

smilo
December 24th, 2008, 06:19
this problem happens with several of the "pilotable" structures we have used.
IE, the Radar Tower and the Factory.
looking at it from Spot View when CFOing, it appears that the object comes in and stops a few feet above ground level, then drops into place. then, it explodes.
go figure.