PDA

View Full Version : KI-67 easy to shoot down

kwb737
March 13th, 2012, 11:39
Boy I noticed with the new Ki-67 that just a few hits from my 50 cal. and down she goes. Seems like she should be a little stronger but maybe not.

UncleTgt
March 14th, 2012, 04:38
Took a look at the dp in Dped. It's an old, very basic dp - needs a lot of work to make it more realistic. My suggestion would be to take the dp from the OH Ki49 Helen & tweak it to fit...

...jump on in, the water's warm & the fish are (generally speaking) very friendly.. :jump::jump:

peperez
March 14th, 2012, 07:58
Took a look at the dp in Dped. It's an old, very basic dp - needs a lot of work to make it more realistic. My suggestion would be to take the dp from the OH Ki49 Helen & tweak it to fit...

...jump on in, the water's warm & the fish are (generally speaking) very friendly.. :jump::jump:

I used a DP and an airfile that are more realistic than the original one but they were built a long time ago. My intention is to upgrade them with the new tools avaiable, like Air Wrench.

Cheers

Pepe

kwb737
March 14th, 2012, 09:49

Think I'll do just that. Thanks!

kwb737
March 14th, 2012, 10:30
Think I'll do just that. Thanks!

OK just got done and tested it out. Much better now! :)

UncleTgt
March 14th, 2012, 13:11
OK just got done and tested it out. Much better now! :)

Aw c'mon, you gotta share it ...

kwb737
March 14th, 2012, 14:37
Aw c'mon, you gotta share it ...
I deleted everything in the Ki-67 DP file and replced it with the contents of the Ki-49's DP file.(Laugh) I'll tweak it later on but for now it takes the same amount of punishment as the Helen does (Obviously) before she goes down. Quick fix. :) Hey Uncle you're the one that gave me the idea. :)

kwb737
March 16th, 2012, 12:00
I deleted everything in the Ki-67 DP file and replced it with the contents of the Ki-49's DP file.(Laugh) I'll tweak it later on but for now it takes the same amount of punishment as the Helen does (Obviously) before she goes down. Quick fix. :) Hey Uncle you're the one that gave me the idea. :)

Tweaked it just a tad. Removed the belly (Ventral) gun from the Peggy's DP. KI-67 doesn't have one like the Helen does.

UncleTgt
March 19th, 2012, 14:50
Anyone getting a CTD whenever you splash an AI Ki67?

Been messing with the dp & airfile but didn't think my edits would cause such a CTD

(oh , and I've been splashing the paint to!)

kwb737
March 19th, 2012, 15:59
Anyone getting a CTD whenever you splash an AI Ki67?

Been messing with the dp & airfile but didn't think my edits would cause such a CTD

(oh , and I've been splashing the paint to!)
Sorry to say Uncle but last time I was up against the Ki-67 I did not get a CTD when I splashed them. I like the repaint!

UncleTgt
March 20th, 2012, 00:29
It's probably something I've done, I messed with the sound files as well, I think it needs a more robust noise from those 2000HP motors, so I was transferring & renaming some N1K2J George sounds & using a 2twin engine config file - probably calling for a mis-spelt crash sound or something.

I'll try it with the alias back in the sound folder & see what happens then ---

kwb737
March 20th, 2012, 11:41
It's probably something I've done, I messed with the sound files as well, I think it needs a more robust noise from those 2000HP motors, so I was transferring & renaming some N1K2J George sounds & using a 2twin engine config file - probably calling for a mis-spelt crash sound or something.

I'll try it with the alias back in the sound folder & see what happens then ---

I kind of did the same thing myself with the sound file. I was looking in this thread by Rami.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?22689-Are-you-sick-of-the-stock-Zero-sounds&highlight=Zero%2C+sounds

To see what engine the Ki-67 used and it said it used the same engine as the Ki-43, the only problem was that there was no twin configuration for that engine sound on site. So I took a look at an engine sound that was configured for twin to see how it was done and did some modifying to the Ki-43 sound file I had and to my amazement it worked! I have Ki-43 sound now configured for twin.

UncleTgt
March 21st, 2012, 00:42
kwb

"shares same engine as Ki-43"

I don't think that's correct, the Ki-67 had 18 cylinder 1900HP engines, like those used on Ki-84 Frank, P1Y1 Frances & N1K2J George. That's why I chose a George soundpack as my start point.

I think the Ki-43 uses 14 cylinder engines of much lower HP.

kelticheart
March 21st, 2012, 02:16
kwb

I don't think that's correct, the Ki-67 had 18 cylinder 1900HP engines, like those used on Ki-84 Frank, P1Y1 Frances & N1K2J George. That's why I chose a George soundpack as my start point.

Hi there!

Either Lawdog's Mitsubishi HA-112 II soundpack for the Ki-100 or his Nakajima HA-45 Homare pack should be historically correct. I am using the former, since I have no other Mitsubishi sound sources to use for this aircraft, I am going for the largest available Mitsubishi engine sound.

Kimihiro in the airfile listed two 2,500 hp Mitsubishi HA-214. Jane's "Fighting Aircrafts of WWII" reports two 1,920 hp Mitsubishi HA-42, 18-cylinder, two-row radials with multi-blade cooling fans in the cowling openings. It sounds like the Mitsubishi J2M Raiden engine arrangement, a forced-ventilation Mitsubishi Kasei 23 14-cyl. radial, just like the BMW 801 in the FW190A.

If you post a better dp for this aircraft, I can add the payloads I replaced using Thicko's bombs as usual, plus his B5N 60kg ventral carrier for the light payload, B5N 250kg bomb pylons and B6N late-war Type-91 Kai3 and Kai4 torpedoes.

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

kwb737
March 21st, 2012, 09:13
kwb

Ah Ha, I stand corrected. Thank you for the info uncle. Guess I'll be making some changes then. I want it to sound historically correct. Thank You again.

kelticheart
March 21st, 2012, 12:58
.....about the Ki-67.

Again Jane's "Fighting Aircrafts of WWII" reports that all payloads were carried internally in a bomb bay, apart from the torpedo.

I figured Kimihiro did not want to bother with bomb bay doors and their animation, (there is practically none in all of his models, just propeller, control surfaces and landing gear) so he hanged everything outside, under the aircraft belly.

Apparently it's not historically correct, so I did another dp file where all bombs are loaded internally. Not knowing the Mitsubishi Hiryu's internal structure I placed them in the most obvious C.o.G., that is in between the wings. I will include it in my next upload and it'll be up to whoever downloads it to go for internal or external payloads.

Cheers!

kwb737
March 21st, 2012, 14:31
.....about the Ki-67.

Again Jane's "Fighting Aircrafts of WWII" reports that all payloads were carried internally in a bomb bay, apart from the torpedo.

I figured Kimihiro did not want to bother with bomb bay doors and their animation, (there is practically none in all of his models, just propeller, control surfaces and landing gear) so he hanged everything outside, under the aircraft belly.

Apparently it's not historically correct, so I did another dp file where all bombs are loaded internally. Not knowing the Mitsubishi Hiryu's internal structure I placed them in the most obvious C.o.G., that is in between the wings. I will include it in my next upload and it'll be up to whoever downloads it to go for internal or external payloads.

Cheers!
Looking forward to it Kelticheart! Too bad about the bomb doors not being animated though. Maybe in the future someone can do that. Thanks.

The B24 Guy
March 21st, 2012, 14:41
Hi Guys,

I have been working on this AC, but it is very basic and is going to take awhile.
I was wondering about the bomb-bay.
There are no doors. I might try and cut some in. I will have to build the insides also.
Once I get the wings and tail to brake off I will up-load.
Then later if all goes well I can up-date it.

I like the new paint job UncleTgt.
Kelticheart, will your new prop disks work on this AC?

I think this guy could be a SHO makeover.

Regards,
B24Guy

oldwheat
March 21st, 2012, 21:07
Speaking of skins. The framework of the side gun blisters seems to be permanently brown in the .mdl & this color does not show up in MDLmat. It would be nice if the framework was also available in green as this seems to have been the color of most Peggys.

UncleTgt
March 22nd, 2012, 01:04
Good call OW. THere are several parts of the model that appear untextured (cowl flaps, gun blisters, radio mast, wheels, spinners etc.), & take their colour direct from the model.

As the B24 guy observed, it is basic aircraft - no engines showing in the nacelles, texture mapping makes it impossible to fake an engine recess... I can understand it might take a while, & even then maybe it would be better to start from scratch? :running:

kelticheart
March 22nd, 2012, 06:52
......Kelticheart, will your new prop disks work on this AC?.....

Hi TheB24 Guy!

Yes, they do. But there's a glitch.

Kimihiro, probably in the attempt of giving to his CFS2 prop disc some thickness, created a model disc that shows an opaque outer circumference.
This kills the purpose of creating a texture with an alpha channel that hides the most external areas of prop discs - which are polygonal and never absolutely round - with proper transparency and shows a perfectly circular blurred texture.

It's not terrible, yet it does not look that good. Try both textures out and you'll see what I mean, like many other things in CFS2 I guess we'll live with this one.

I am attaching also the other things I did: I corrected contact points, static pitch and CG height in the aircaft.cfg; in the airfile I toned down the aircraft brutal braking strength, gave flap lift otherwise completely missing, corrected some engine data (which I think were just stock Zero engine data), and tried to make the rudder more effective because it won't turn easily while taxiing around.
There are also three dp files: two original with external/internal payloads and one where I replaced the data using more realistic Anderson's Ki-49 Helen, as suggested by Uncle Tgt, with the ventral gunner removed and internal payloads.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers!

kwb737
March 22nd, 2012, 10:40
Hi TheB24 Guy!

Kimihiro, probably in the attempt of giving to his CFS2 prop disc some thickness, created a model disc that shows an opaque outer circumference.
This kills the purpose of creating a texture with an alpha channel that hides the most external areas of prop discs - which are polygonal and never absolutely round - with proper transparency and shows a perfectly circular blurred texture.

It's not terrible, yet it does not look that good. Try both textures out and you'll see what I mean, like many other things in CFS2 I guess we'll live with this one.

I am attaching also the other things I did: I corrected contact points, static pitch and CG height in the aircaft.cfg; in the airfile I toned down the aircraft brutal braking strength, gave flap lift otherwise completely missing, corrected some engine data (which I think were just stock Zero engine data), and tried to make the rudder more effective because it won't turn easily while taxiing around.
There are also three dp files: two original with external/internal payloads and one where I replaced the data using more realistic Anderson's Ki-49 Helen, as suggested by Uncle Tgt, with the ventral gunner removed and internal payloads.

Cheers!
Really like the corrections and addons kelticheart! I've noticed that when you engage "altitude hold" when your in auto pilot you start getting rather severe porpoising up and down. Is there a way to eliminate this?

kwb737
March 22nd, 2012, 11:48
Hi TheB24 Guy!

Cheers!
Oh yea one other thing. Thanks for the addition of the "water injection", it was definitely needed. Thank You again!

kelticheart
March 22nd, 2012, 15:06
Oh yea one other thing. Thanks for the addition of the "water injection", it was definitely needed. Thank You again!

Eheheheheheh.....

That's an easy one, I used the engine data from Akemi's Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate, being the Nakajima HA-45 Homare engine the closest thing to the Mitsubishi HA-42 which equipped the Hiryu. As I said, the original engine data was the 14-cylinder Sakae 12 of the stock Zero.

I forgot about WEP water injection, now I think it's nice to have a bomber equipped with WEP, but I don't know whether the Ki-67 engines had it and my source does not mention anything other than "supercharged engines". I think such extra, yet limited, combat power was reserved to fighter planes in WWII and it probably should be corrected for the Hiryu.

Perhaps someone else with more knowledge about the Ki-67 might step in and settle the matter.

But the new engines give a whole different handling and feeling on this aircraft, right?

As to the porpoising flight behaviour when flying AP, it's something that always puzzles me when it happens. I don't know what causes it and I would like to find out about it, since I have other aircrafts that have that unpleasant effect when I hit the AP.

Cheers!

sc7500
March 22nd, 2012, 15:35
.....As to the porpoising flight behaviour when flying AP, it's something that always puzzles me when it happens. I don't know what causes it and I would like to find out about it, since I have other aircrafts that have that unpleasant effect when I hit the AP....

It takes some trial and error adjustments in AirWrench, but lowering the response rate of the elevators under the [TUNING] tab will help a bunch.

Try going from 100% to 75% and then 5% increments until you attain level flight.

Safe Flights :wavey:
SC
:kilroy:

kwb737
March 22nd, 2012, 17:23
It takes some trial and error adjustments in AirWrench, but lowering the response rate of the elevators under the [TUNING] tab will help a bunch.

Try going from 100% to 75% and then 5% increments until you attain level flight.

Safe Flights :wavey:
SC
:kilroy:
Is there a freeware version of Airwrench out there that will allow me to make these changes and save them after I have?

kwb737
March 22nd, 2012, 17:31
Eheheheheheh.....

That's an easy one, I used the engine data from Akemi's Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate, being the Nakajima HA-45 Homare engine the closest thing to the Mitsubishi HA-42 which equipped the Hiryu. As I said, the original engine data was the 14-cylinder Sakae 12 of the stock Zero.

I forgot about WEP water injection, now I think it's nice to have a bomber equipped with WEP, but I don't know whether the Ki-67 engines had it and my source does not mention anything other than "supercharged engines". I think such extra, yet limited, combat power was reserved to fighter planes in WWII and it probably should be corrected for the Hiryu.

Perhaps someone else with more knowledge about the Ki-67 might step in and settle the matter.

But the new engines give a whole different handling and feeling on this aircraft, right?

As to the porpoising flight behaviour when flying AP, it's something that always puzzles me when it happens. I don't know what causes it and I would like to find out about it, since I have other aircrafts that have that unpleasant effect when I hit the AP.

Cheers!
Noticed right away with the handling and feel. Great job!! :)

UncleTgt
April 9th, 2012, 12:10
It's still a little rough & ready, but I have both green & brown skins in the pipeline. Needs different mdls for the different base colours, & the props show up either green or brown respectively, but she's Ok as target aircraft go...

kelticheart
April 11th, 2012, 01:41
It's still a little rough & ready, but I have both green & brown skins in the pipeline. Needs different mdls for the different base colours, & the props show up either green or brown respectively, but she's Ok as target aircraft go...

Great looking skins, UncleTgt!

I am still waiting for someone to upload a more realistic dp file than the original one. Mine is just a combo of the original payload and gun data grafted to Anderson's Ki-49 dp file. Which is either not too realistic or historical.

Do you plan to upload a better dp with your repaints?

Cheers!